kidge

STARTS WITH A ..... SWAP 2014 - Sign Ups CLOSE 01/04/2014 9AM Sharp! Partners Assigned 1/04/2014

Starts with A... Swap Information

We'll be exchanging items that begin with an ___ this will be different for each swap depending on your partner (unless you swap with me   :garden ) You can choose to either find items that begin with either your partners First Name (in my case K for Kathy) or their ScreenName (in my case K for Kidge). Or you may use the letters from the word 'Olympics ™' This swap will be very personalized an require some thought !

Please Note 2013 General Swap Guidelines:

All swappers must read the 2013 guidelines and the Copyright/Trademark Guidelines for Swaps and RAOKs. These guidelines apply to ALL swaps at Crochetville. Be sure you understand the guidelines and can follow them before signing up for this swap.

This swap may contain additional guidelines and requirements as stated below.

Contacting Your Swap Hostess

I prefer to be contacted via PM/Private Message and or email for all matters related to this swap. To send a PM, just click my username and select the option to Send Private Message. Please send emails to kidge AT ymail <dot> com. Please be sure to enter Starts with A...2013 in the subject line of your message.

Items to Be Exchanged:
Each swapper will send to their partner a package containing a package worth a minimum of $25 (excluding shipping) designed to meet your partners preferences as listed in the survey. This will be different for each person but should be personalized

Other goodies (like tea, coffee, candy, thread, etc) are optional. Just remember if you send more than the minimum requirements, your partner might not.

Important Dates:

• Sign-ups begin Dec 30th, 2013
  • Sign ups end January 4 2014 at 9AM. EST. Sign up time is short, don't delay!
  • Partner will be assigned to you by January 4th, 2014
  • The postmark-by deadline is February 18th, 2014
How to Sign Up for the Starts with A... Swap:

1. Please submit a survey if you want to participate in this exchange. (See the second post in this thread for survey information.) Submit the survey via the method listed above for contacting your Swap Hostess. Include the swap name and your username in the subject of the email. I will send you a confirmation email when I receive your survey, and your name will be added to the list of exchangers posted below. Surveys can be submitted until January 4th, 2014.

2. It is not required that you answer all the questions on the survey (except for full name, Crochetville user name, mailing address, and email address), but it is a good way for your partner to know your other preferences.

3. Swap partner assignments will be e-mailed to you by January 4th, 2014

4. Within one week of receiving your swap partner assignment, post in the swap thread to say you have received your partner. To make swap management easier, you should also contact your Swap Hostess to let her know you've received your partner.

5. If you have a problem with your partner or an item you receive, please DO NOT post complaints to the swap board. Please contact the Swap Hostess privately. 

6. Since we are an international group, everyone is more than welcome to participate. That means that your swap partner may live across the world and packages may take longer to arrive and cost more to ship. Keep this in mind when mailing items.

Sending in a survey means that you have read the rules for this swap as well as the 2013 guidelines and theCopyright/Trademark Guidelines for Swaps and agree to them.

* Information for All Crochetville Swaps *

While you are required to read and understand the entire 2013 guidelines and the Copyright/Trademark Guidelines for Swaps in order to participate in a swap, the following major points are reminders. 

Eligibility: To participate in any Crochetville swap, you must be at least 18 years old and have achieved Villager membership level. For complete details, see Who is eligible to participate in a swap? 

* Swap Limit: You may participate in a maximum of two swaps at one time at Crochetville. For complete details, see How many swaps may I join at one time?

* Any Swap Problems? Contact your Swap Hostess as soon as possible. For complete details, see Swap Problems. 

* To Avoid Receiving Negative Points and/or Revocation of Swap Privileges: 
For complete details about negative points, see What actions could cause me to receive negative points? 
For complete details about revocation of swap privileges, see What actions could cause me to have my swap privileges revoked?

• The items you send must meet at least the minimum requirements of the swap.
  • Within one week of receiving your partner assignment/survey from your Swap Hostess, post in the swap thread saying that you have received your partner.
  • Mail your swap package by the POSTMARK-BY deadline given in your swap.
  • When mailing your swap package, get a delivery confirmation (DC) number or other proof of mailing AND, within one week of mailing, send your DC or other proof of mailing to your Swap Hostess. If you are unable to obtain proof of mailing, still contact your Swap Hostess to say you have mailed but could not get proof of mailing.
  • Within one week of receiving your swap package from your swap partner, post a thank you to your partner in the swap thread.
  • You are expected to respond promptly to swap-related messages (PM/Private Message or email) from your Swap Hostess or Crochetville Administrators.

* Privacy Information: Your privacy is always very important to us at Crochetville. The information you submit for a swap is never used nor shared for any purpose other than the swap you are joining. The information you provide to your Swap Hostess on your swap survey is provided to your assigned swap partner(s). This information may also be provided to the Swap Coordinator and Crochetville Administrators (AmyS and Donna) for the purposes of swap coordination only. If necessary, and with your prior permission, survey information may also be provided to a Swap Angel sending an Angel Package (that is, a Crochetville member sending a replacement for a swap package not received). Your personal contact information (name, email address, mailing address) may also be used to obtain any specific items you have requested (gift certificate, digital pattern through Ravelry, etc.).

Swappers

Kidge

Crochetslacker

janagain

Tiffer93

Ankh

Kraftynkrazy

Edited by kidge
  • Like 1

Please read the entire swap description and rules before submitting a survey.

Email your surveys to Kathy at kidge [at] ymail [dot] com. You will receive a confirmation email that your survey has been received. All swappers will be listed on the first post as well. 

1. What is your full name (for mailing purposes only), and C'ville nickname?? 

2. Email address for swap information?

3. What is your mailing address?? 

4. Do you have any allergies?? (Smoke, certain scents, food items, cats/dogs, wool, etc)??

5. Do you, or anyone in your household, smoke??

6. Do you have cats/dogs, or other pets? 

7. Can you exchange with a smoker?? 

8. What are your favorite colors?? Are there any colors you don't like?? 

9. Would you prefer items that start with your first name or screen name letter?

10. When you think of the preferred Letter what comes to mind?

11. Are there any yarns or items that you would like to receive?? 

12. Do you collect anything?

13. Can you send to an international partner?? 

14. Are you secretly hoping for a certain item?

15. Have you participated in a swap at C'ville before?? Which ones? Are you currently already signed up for two exchanges??

16. What extra goodies do you enjoy? (tea, coffee, cocoa, etc -- these aren't required items for this swap, but this info is useful if your partner wishes to send some extras). 

17. Have you read all of the swap rules, both for this specific swap and the general swap guidelines?? And do you agree to follow these rules?? 

18. Anything else you want your partner to know????

19. Anything you want the exchange coordinator to know?? (This information is removed before survey information is sent to your partner. It's kept private and confidential).

Sorry ladies, I have been down with the flu for the past week.. I will keep the sign ups open until Saturday.

This has become one of my favorites! Perfect way to start off 2014 swaps! I am definitely in, will send my survey later this evening or first thing tomorrow. Excited!! 

Yay! :hug Hi Kidge! Super excited to be paired up with you! This is going to be a fabulous swap! 

Will send an email shortly full of questions! ;)

:yayHi Tiffer :yay

:hug  I am super excited also!! I have a bunch of questions!!

Coldest temps in almost 20 years here today! It's below zero and the wind chill is nearly 30 below! I am not made to handle this type of cold so I am glad that I get to spend the day indoors crafting! What is everyone else doing? I think I have figured out what I am going to do for Kidge's package and I am getting a start on it today! 

I am home resting broke a tooth and it's infected so waiting for antibiotics to kick in.. pulling it tomorrow... so relief is right around the corner!

Oh no kidge, how awful. I hope you can get it healed quickly.

I ventured out to the store with my daughter In law and very abruptly realized I am probably the only crocheter in the Continental US of A withOUT a hat or winter scarf. What a rude reminder. Lol I do have a scarf, I did wear it. Good thing it was long, and it was dark outside because I have no clue how ridiculous I must have looked trying to make a 4" wide scarf in wide stitches, cover my neck, face and as much of my head as I could stretch the end over.

I will be tucked in, throw all WIPs off to the side and get busy on a good, thick, wide and long scarf. I am inept at hats. Lol

Just thought I'd share the visual. Lol

• Like 2

Staying in as much as possible the last couple of days except when I have to work.  Miserably cold out there (though I am ashamed to say that when there are so many of you suffering through negative temps), and the cold weather makes the pain in my chest flare up like a beast.  Feels like someone is ripping it open.  ugghhh

Anyway, more time for the hooks and yarn...  :)

The only thing I get to pull out today is my hair! Homework is driving me up the wall... 

It's warming up tho, we made it to 10 whole degrees! Whew, almost a heat wave. LOL

Edited by tiffer93

I don't have a hat or scarf either! I guess because I'm in Texas and we rarely need one. The past two days have been one of those rare occasions where I've needed one, so I'm almost finished with a hat for me.  :yes   It was 16 here one morning, 3 with wind chill. Whew! Def too cold for this Texas gal!

Kidge, so sorry for your accident, hope it's gone and all is better now.

• Like 1