Knitter's Pride Waves Aluminum Crochet Hooks

rebby

Has anyone tried these hooks?  They look pretty nice and I notice they come in sizes larger than 6.0mm, up to 12.0mm.  Clover Soft Touch are my current go-to hooks.  I've tried Tulip Etimo and while I love the finish and the way they glide through my stitches "like buttah", there's something about the handle or the way they're sized that is not quite comfortable for me.  Maybe it's because I have stubby fingers and use pencil grip?  IDK, but I'd love to hear an opinion from anyone who's tried the Knitters Pride Waves hooks and how they might compare to Etimo and Soft Touch.

I have not tried these, but if they are anything like the Amour hooks, you will love them.

I use the pencil grip.  What I like about them is the handle.  It is sort of rubbery and it feels good in my hand.

I would try buying one, to see if you like it.

I don't like the Etmo or the Soft Touch.  I have trouble with the flat handle.  I like my Amour and my wood handle ones. they are both round and fit comfortably in my hand.

Thanks Tampa Doll.  The Soft Touch are comfortable for me, but sometimes they drag a bit more than I'd like.   I'm hoping the Waves hooks have a glasslike finish like the Etimo.  The handles do look similar to Amour, which I have not tried yet. 

I wish there was a hook-tasting somewhere that I could go to!

Archived