Live Chat with Vashti Braha and Doris Chan: January 10, 2014

Amy

Get Ready to Chat at 1:00 PM EST. Please come early, as space is limited to 250 participants.

Here's the
link to the chat room. Click the link and come join us!

Great news, everyone! We will have a live chat with crochet designers Vashti Braha and Doris Chan here on the forum on Friday, January 10, 2014, at 1:00 PM EST (Noon Central).

They'll be talking about their new Lotus Yarn, designed by crocheters for crocheters. You'll be able to ask any questions you have. A link to the chat room will be posted here in this thread on the morning of January 10, shortly before the chat room opens.

Here are some quick details about Lotus: 

• It's spun in a Z-twist counterclockwise direction.
  • It's a #2 fine weight, light DK blend of 52% cotton and 48% rayon.
  • Each 3.5 oz/100 g ball has 256 yds/235 m.
  • It comes in center-pull balls with the starting end attached to the yarn label for convenience.

If you'd like to check out the yarn ahead of time, here are some links for you:

On Becoming . . . A Yarn Company

How Lotus Yarn Got Its Name

Creating the Color Cards for Lotus

Order the Yarn

We hope you'll join us for a fascinating chat with Vashti and Doris.

• 2 weeks later...

On the morning of the chat, I'll post a link to the chat room here in this thread. You'll just click the link right before the chat is scheduled to start to join us.

The chat is part of our forum software, so you won't have to go anywhere special. It will function sort of like a discussion thread, but the chat room automatically uploads all the posts, so you don't have to keep refreshing a discussion thread browser page to see new posts.

Looking foward to this chat.  I ordered the new Lotus yarn in Teal and am going to make the Lapa top designed by Doris Chan.  The yarn came yesterday and I got the first few rounds of the top done this afternoon.

Remember to mark your calendars and join us on Friday at 1:00 PM eastern time for a chat with Vashti Braha and Doris Chan about the new yarn they've developed just for crocheters.

Because of the Z-twist, it will work best for right-handed crocheters. Come join the chat to learn why!

Bumping up just to remind everyone to come join us at 1:00 PM eastern time tomorrow. Check this thread for a link to the chat tomorrow morning about half an hour before the chat is scheduled to start.

For those who aren't able to attend the live chat, I'll post a transcript on our blog and here on the forum, so you can still see all the fun. :)

I have one question about the chat format itself.

I initially signed on to the chat on my ipad, and I posted "hi" or something, so I was definitely signed in.  I went to one of the posted links to Vashti's site, which opened up a new window but left the chat window open.  then when i went back to the chat window, it said i had been kicked out.  I then re-entered the chat on my desktop and refrained from clicking on any other links because I was not sure why I got "kicked out" while on my ipad.  

Do you know why this happened?  

Archived