Tradegy to my friends family home 2 nights before Christmas

Skoggy

On the 23rd, the UK was battered with a heavy storm and high winds. At about 1 o'clock in the morning, a tree uprooted and crashed through my friends family home. The tree came through the roof and into my friend's brother's room. Luckily, his brother was out but his father was in the house as it happened. Sadly, he has lost so much of the house, furniture, belongs as the weather has continued to persist and even tonight (26th) another storm is going to be hitting the South East coast of the UK.

You can see pictures here: http://www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/news/local/high-winds-batter-hastings-1-5769408 (if you can, that is, being in the States).

My friend (who is like a brother to me) has asked if I know a way of letting his Father (who is now completely broken and has no idea what to do next) know that people are thinking about him during this incredibly sad and upsetting time, especially as it is around Christmas. Whilst many of us have been enjoying Christmas with our families, these guys' World has been blown into smithereens. So, I immediately thought of my crochet and all the friends I have met along they way.

To get to the point, I would like to ask if there are some kind people here at the 'Ville that could send me some 12" squares in black and greens (the darker the better) in WW / Aran so that I may give my friend's Dad and Brother a bit of warm and a woolly hug at this horrible time.

I'll look in my stash. Pretty sure I have dark green in there somewhere.  When are you looking to get these, and how many are you looking for in all?

I heard about the bad storms from my family on the west coast of France (same storm that battered both sides of the Channel).  :(

Please PM me with your mailing address, and I'll get a square made for you.  Tell your friend we're praying for him!

Many thanks. I will send you a PM.

I'll look in my stash. Pretty sure I have dark green in there somewhere.  When are you looking to get these, and how many are you looking for in all?

I heard about the bad storms from my family on the west coast of France (same storm that battered both sides of the Channel).  :(

I haven't decided exactly how many I need yet but I will definitely keep you posted and looking to get them whenever is conveiniant. There is going to be a long road to getting his house sorted and life back together so there isn't any rush at the moment.

The UK has been battered all over Christmas. Only the 25th and today (28th) has there been no wind and rain.

To get to the point, I would like to ask if there are some kind people here at the 'Ville that could send me some 12" squares in black and greens (the darker the better) in WW / Aran so that I may give my friend's Dad and Brother a bit of warm and a woolly hug at this horrible time.

Solid green okay? I have some olive green in my stash and I can send a square your way. Please PM me with your address!

Solid green okay? I have some olive green in my stash and I can send a square your way. Please PM me with your address!

Thanks. :hug

I have PMd you.

I have two squares winging their way over to you. 

I do not know why, but I thought you wanted Black and Dark Blue.  So you are getting on black and one Navy. 

I hope you can use them.

I have two squares winging their way over to you. 

I do not know why, but I thought you wanted Black and Dark Blue.  So you are getting on black and one Navy. 

I hope you can use them.

Thank you Tampa Doll. :)

I will send you a couple squares too, Skoggy, please pm me your address

Thanks beckyb! I will send you a PM. :hug

A huge thank you to greyhoundgrandma for the 2 black squares I received today. They are perfect! I will post pics when I have a spare couple of minutes. Thank you again!

(Trying to write an assignment for my degree but really am not having a good time with it at the moment)

Archived