Boxing Day CAL 2014

babypoohsmom

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, here is the picture of the hat I did today. I think it is called a butterfly hat. Just a simple Dc hat with 12 skipped stitches in one section. Simple and cute.

This was made with the fuzzy-ish yarn that my addi machine spit out.

post-13802-0-70404600-1389151946_thumb.jpg

Ok, here is the picture of the hat I did today. I think it is called a butterfly hat. Just a simple Dc hat with 12 skipped stitches in one section. Simple and cute.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

That is a cute hat.

Cute hat!

Made 2 more yellow squares.

attachicon.gif0108140033.jpg

Nice squares.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Cute hat!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I like that hat.  Will have to try that technique.

Now I feel lazy, I'm still working on a baby blanket that I started in December.

Most of my stuff is donated locally, but I sometimes mail a boxful of stuff out too, mostly in response to requests on Crochetville.

Lately, I've been looking into "Little Dresses for Africa" though. It's not crocheting but I have a lot of fabric along with a lot of yarn. I would like to use up a lot of it, and those pillowcase style dresses appear to be really easy.

Now I feel lazy, I'm still working on a baby blanket that I started in December.

Most of my stuff is donated locally, but I sometimes mail a boxful of stuff out too, mostly in response to requests on Crochetville.

Lately, I've been looking into "Little Dresses for Africa" though. It's not crocheting but I have a lot of fabric along with a lot of yarn. I would like to use up a lot of it, and those pillowcase style dresses appear to be really easy.

Sounds like a good idea. I have a ton of fabric as well as yarn.

Wow, everyone has been so busy. I saw the post requesting the 12" squares but I can't seem to make things to a particular size.

And MissyAnn is that 3 shawls already this year? Nice. And the stitch really can be seen in that photo. Very pretty.

I just finished another prayer shawl. 

Very pretty.

2 more yellow granny squares that makes 5 total so far

attachicon.gif0109140019.jpg

Checkout any afghan and stashbusting for my scrapghan updates

Hope everyone is staying warm and safe!

Those are nice.

Wow, everyone has been so busy. I saw the post requesting the 12" squares but I can't seem to make things to a particular size.

And MissyAnn is that 3 shawls already this year? Nice. And the stitch really can be seen in that photo. Very pretty.

No, only 2 for this year.  My first photo that had 2 shawls, the one shawl (purple/blue) I made the last week of Dec.  I just wanted to show my latest shawls. 

Thanks everyone for your kind words.  I've been coming up with a schedule for my CALS and boxing day.  1 prayer shawl, 1 dishcloth, 1hat and 1 ruffled scarf.  The ruffled scarves are for me(LOL) or gifts.  For now I can do all of this in one week but once springs comes along it could get tough.  We will have soccer practice/games,. Girl scout camping, dance recitals etc. 

Finally posted the pics for the last of the holiday outfits I've completed so far for the Springfield dolll donation.  I have a nightgown that just needs buttons and ribbons, but those finishing touches sometimes are the longest part of the project for me.  Especially when I have all these other crochet items distracting me. :yes

Witch

Bailey4:  love the dress.  I like to make outfits for dolls as well.  In 2012 I gave my 3 nieces each a springfield doll with several outfits.  I have a collection of 13 inch doll (6) that I crocheted clothes for each season. 

By the time I learned to crochet I only had one niece who was able to get a wardrobe out of the deal.  However, my great niece has a pretty extensive doll wardrobe, too.  I have LOTS of nephews.  However, both are past the stage now.  There are still extended family that make requests from time to time.  I still like making the clothes and they make great donations at Christmas, especially when you can get the dolls with coupons.

Bailey4:  love the dress.  I like to make outfits for dolls as well.  In 2012 I gave my 3 nieces each a springfield doll with several outfits.  I have a collection of 13 inch doll (6) that I crocheted clothes for each season. 

☕ ~ good afternoon......

I want to first apologize for being a bit MIA.

Things have been quite stressful lately!

First...work has been most of my stress!! Adults can be so ridiculously childish!

Then while on Christmas break....two teen girls that go school with my boys die in a car accident right before Christmas!

Then my sweet Uncle Lou passes away yesterday afternoon from pancreatic cancer! Thank you Lord for letting me be able to hug and kiss on him on our way home from our trip from Christmas!

And my sweet son .... Is still fighting his way out of a relapse from Nephrotic Syndrome.

So...... I'm exhausted and have one heck of a migraine!

But...... I wanted to stop in and say :hi Hello and tell you all what beautiful things I'm seeing be made! Wow!!!

????

Archived