Boxing Day CAL 2014

babypoohsmom

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished first outfit for the 12" doll and got it posted.

Baby Jenna Hat, Pants, Booties, and Sweater

Have you tried my patterns for the 14" Berenger Newborns - they are 14" but the fit might work for you.

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/129810-born-on-the-4th-of-july-14baby-lotta-images/?hl=%2Bborn+%2Bjuly

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/135846-sweetums-14-newborn-baby/?hl=sweetums

the first one shows the nekkid baby so you can get an idea of the fit.

there are a couple of other patterns if they will be of use.  :think -- they're out there somewhere :rofl

Have you tried my patterns for the 14" Berenger Newborns - they are 14" but the fit might work for you.

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/129810-born-on-the-4th-of-july-14baby-lotta-images/?hl=%2Bborn+%2Bjuly

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/135846-sweetums-14-newborn-baby/?hl=sweetums

the first one shows the nekkid baby so you can get an idea of the fit.

there are a couple of other patterns if they will be of use.  :think -- they're out there somewhere :rofl

Thanks I printed those two out to try and if they fit, I can look for the rest.

I finished up the baby blanket so the year total I posted is absolutely honest now.  :lol  No pic. It's like one I made with the same variegated yarn, the "tropical delight" - I just used lavender instead of blue with it. Ho hum.

Darski, I have some RHSS variegated that I might try that with. I picked it up cheap, but don't really like it. It's the one called sherbet, I think - I'm doing this at work from memory. The colors are bright, but rather harshly bright. It might do for a kid's blanket. However it will be a lo-o-o-o-ng time before I get back to using the RH stash.

I finished up the baby blanket so the year total I posted is absolutely honest now.  :lol  No pic. It's like one I made with the same variegated yarn, the "tropical delight" - I just used lavender instead of blue with it. Ho hum.

Darski, I have some RHSS variegated that I might try that with. I picked it up cheap, but don't really like it. It's the one called sherbet, I think - I'm doing this at work from memory. The colors are bright, but rather harshly bright. It might do for a kid's blanket. However it will be a lo-o-o-o-ng time before I get back to using the RH stash.

I have some really pretty orange variegated yarn that has a blush pink and some white.. I am going to try the ch3 version and see how it goes. 

That sounds pretty. Actually, I've about decided that I'm going to go through the stash over the holidays and cull. The one I mentioned is one that will probably go. I have some that I picked up on closeout or good sales that are marginal, and some, like that one, I got online, and we all know what a train wreck ordering from monitor swatches can be. 

I really built up the stash looking forward to retirement and considering what yarn costs now, there are some terrific deals in it. But I've picked up cross stitch again and look forward to doing a lot of that, so I won't be as dependent on the yarn stash as I thought I would be for crafty entertainment. I think it's due a little thinning. I goes against the frugal grain, but I think it's time to admit a few of those colors were Mistakes and just move on. I know I would not use them unless they were the last extant skeins on the planet so they don't deserve shelf room.

@ Bailey...

I just found this free pattern from :pinterest  and thought of you.  I think it is on a vinyl doll but even so...

Lion pj's and toy

More patterns

Thanks Darski. Donna is another very generous person donating her free patterns.  I have that one and a couple of others printed, I just didn't get to them this year.  They are adorable.

I'm off now until after New Year's with no internet access. It will be peaceful - lol. 

Everyone have a wonderful holiday, whatever you celebrate! :flake

See you next year!

Wow, you all have been busy keeping things moving while I have been taking muscle relaxers and passing out.

I finally got an appointment booked for Friday and feel almost back to normal. That's how it goes, right?

I started a minion hat for my nephew for Christmas. I think I waited too many rows to insert the black row and now I am not sure how to get the eyes and mouth done. Hmm, he's three and didn't know it was coming so it might get scrapped. That's all I've done since I hurt my neck besides one simple dish cloth.

Well, it's probably time to let go of 2014 and see what we'd like to do next year. I did not start the year with so many hats in mind. But that is how it ended up. I am still looking for an easy peasy scarf pattern. Maybe this will be the year of the scarf!

Archived