Boxing Day CAL 2014

babypoohsmom

Thanks Linda. I see your signature is updated (I guess I better do that) and you have two hats already. Do you ever post pictures?

I am working on another new pattern. It's called the Tezzie hat.

But first I will show you what happened when I took one row out of the crown of that v stitch hat. Same yarn, same hook. It came out SO SMALL. What the heck??

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I try to get them posted for me,but good help is hard to come by,lol

I get confused easy,so multi step processes is just an overload on me, that I just pass on.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I had better find a record keeping system too.  never thought about it :wlol

I have a couple of hats done while I advance my squares but I have no sunshine at the moment.  I find it hard to get good pics here.  It is a much nicer apt but the balcony that I enjoy cuts out a lot of sun (supposing there were some sun :rofl  )

Sorry you're not having a sunny day Darski. Ha, I pretty much never complain about that. I cherish the dark overcast and rainy days here! Once when my husband and I were in the Boston area, it started to rain and everyone ran inside and we ran out! I am sure people thought we were nuts.

So, to wrap up my week of no work, yesterday I finished 3 more cats beds. Yay!

The "Tezzie" hat is not finished yet. I am having a problem deciding on if I should add the designed brim or not because it seems very long at this point and the brim might make it pull down over the eyes!

post-13802-0-62147500-1388465171_thumb.jpg

Sorry you're not having a sunny day Darski. Ha, I pretty much never complain about that. I cherish the dark overcast and rainy days here! Once when my husband and I were in the Boston area, it started to rain and everyone ran inside and we ran out! I am sure people thought we were nuts.

So, to wrap up my week of no work, yesterday I finished 3 more cats beds. Yay!

The "Tezzie" hat is not finished yet. I am having a problem deciding on if I should add the designed brim or not because it seems very long at this point and the brim might make it pull down over the eyes!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

That looks like a cozy bed. We've had a couple of gray days too which is unusual for us and a little rain.

I love the print on that top bed.  So pretty.  I'm guessing even the workers feel better with such touches around them,

I took a pic of my c2c shawl and should process it and get it posted by tonight.

I love the print as well. Keep up the good work.

As for no sun, yournot alone there. Been raining every weekend here and grey overcast duribg he week with lil drizzle. But look on good side is great crochet weather.

Hoping to get a few granny squares done tonight watching the New Years festivities. All warm and cozy with cousins and nana.

This pic is just awful.  I should have gone out to the hall lobby to take this one.  However the shawl is very pretty in reality.  B/W and Pink is so dynamic.

post-4896-0-44200900-1388542977_thumb.jpg

I'll get my hats together for pics this week.

????Evening all.......

I would like to play along this year!

As it is.... Im working on two Comfort'ghans right now. I will be giving these to two separate families who lost their daughters in a car accident last week. The girls went to school with my boys. It's hit our community hard! This makes the third loss of life of a teen from our high school in the last six months.

This is one of the 'ghans so far.....

post-18634-0-83712700-1388547184_thumb.jpg

????

Evening all.......

I would like to play along this year!

As it is.... Im working on two Comfort'ghans right now. I will be giving these to two separate families who lost their daughters in a car accident last week. The girls went to school with my boys. It's hit our community hard! This makes the third loss of life of a teen from our high school in the last six months.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

We would be delighted to have you join us. So sorry for the tragedy your community has suffered. Beautiful afghan. Yall are in my prayers.

Darski, the picture isn't awful.  It's good enough for me to see that the shawl is going to be amazing.  I love pink and black together and it seems to have an interesting texture. 

Teakaycee, I am sorry to hear about the girls in the car accident.  It's such an awful thing.  The afghan is beautiful. 

As far as the fleece goes, I look for remnants when fleece is on sale at Joanns.  If it's 40% off, I get another 50% off the reduced price.  Because I buy remnants, I only get two or three beds out of each piece, but it's ok because it helps to keep me from getting bored. 

I did finish a "Tezzie" hat yesterday while waiting for an MRI.  I did not put the two rows of ribbing as directed because it would have been way too long.  I started another one with some pink, cast off yarn (no label or anything) and ran out as the pattern is very yarn-y.  So I have to finish it with the off white, I guess.   I will post a picture later.  I need my iPad for that as we lost the camera driver in our last upgrade on the desk computer. 

This pic is just awful. I should have gone out to the hall lobby to take this one. However the shawl is very pretty in reality. B/W and Pink is so dynamic.

attachicon.gifc2c01.jpg

I'll get my hats together for pics this week.

That's beautiful! ????

We would be delighted to have you join us. So sorry for the tragedy your community has suffered. Beautiful afghan. Yall are in my prayers.

Thank you!!!????

Darski, the picture isn't awful.  It's good enough for me to see that the shawl is going to be amazing.  I love pink and black together and it seems to have an interesting texture. 

Teakaycee, I am sorry to hear about the girls in the car accident.  It's such an awful thing.  The afghan is beautiful. 

As far as the fleece goes, I look for remnants when fleece is on sale at Joanns.  If it's 40% off, I get another 50% off the reduced price.  Because I buy remnants, I only get two or three beds out of each piece, but it's ok because it helps to keep me from getting bored. 

I did finish a "Tezzie" hat yesterday while waiting for an MRI.  I did not put the two rows of ribbing as directed because it would have been way too long.  I started another one with some pink, cast off yarn (no label or anything) and ran out as the pattern is very yarn-y.  So I have to finish it with the off white, I guess.   I will post a picture later.  I need my iPad for that as we lost the camera driver in our last upgrade on the desk computer. 

I'm afraid it is finished.  :blush

I am planning to try the Tezzie hat for my Hat Box CAL.. I like the look of it and I need new ideas to try.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I love what you are doing for your community. 

is that pattern tricky to make?  I have the pattern but haven't tried it yet. 

I think it would be a fave in charitable circles.  Lots of bang for the buck. :wlol

I love what you are doing for your community. 

is that pattern tricky to make?  I have the pattern but haven't tried it yet. 

I think it would be a fave in charitable circles.  Lots of bang for the buck. :wlol

????Thank you darski!!!

The pattern is really easy! You'll enjoy it! It became my favorite pattern after the first one I made last year! It holds the first two things my sweet Aunt taught me when she taught me to crochet when I was a child..... Granny stitch & Ripple stitch.

????

Darski, I wondered if the measurements you noted were actual. I guess perspective is hard when something is shown by itself.

If you try the Tezzie hat, but sure to start with a new skein of yarn. It uses a lot of yarn. The tutorial by BobWilson123 on you tube is very good. I didn't understand the pattern without it.

Darski, I wondered if the measurements you noted were actual. I guess perspective is hard when something is shown by itself.

If you try the Tezzie hat, but sure to start with a new skein of yarn. It uses a lot of yarn. The tutorial by BobWilson123 on you tube is very good. I didn't understand the pattern without it.

I did watch a bit of that tutorial and bookmarked it so I could go back with full attention. 

The shawl is quite large; the measurements were from tip to tip across the top and from centre back to point.  I do like that corner 2 corner pattern...  Interestingly  mindless :heehee IYKWIM :wlol

Thank you darski!!!

The pattern is really easy! You'll enjoy it! It became my favorite pattern after the first one I made last year! It holds the first two things my sweet Aunt taught me when she taught me to crochet when I was a child..... Granny stitch & Ripple stitch.

I have some yarn coming from Mary Maxim that might just work for that pattern.  I think ea big ball is 12 oz.  and I got 3balls ea of 4 colours.

I might have some in different colours from my current c2c.

So here is the "Tezzie" hat. I could not put the last two rows (front post, back post dc's) for the brim because it would have made the hat too long. I have 5 pattern rows. I should have probably stopped at 4 and done the brim. I will get a chance to try that because I started one in pink and have run out of yarn. Of course it was cast off yarn, no label or anything, so I will probably finish it in the off white.

post-13802-0-13386600-1388723029_thumb.jpg

It is a very thick, comfortable hat. I like it and thought it was fun to make.

So here is the "Tezzie" hat. I could not put the last two rows (front post, back post dc's) for the brim because it would have made the hat too long. I have 5 pattern rows. I should have probably stopped at 4 and done the brim. I will get a chance to try that because I started one in pink and have run out of yarn. Of course it was cast off yarn, no label or anything, so I will probably finish it in the off white.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

It is a very thick, comfortable hat. I like it and thought it was fun to make.

I love that one.  it is the next pattern I am going to try.  It is so pretty in that winter (?) white.

Yay! I can't wait for someone else to try it.  Yes, mine is kind of an off white, a good winter color.  My pictures always seem to be taken at 9:30 at night on the kitchen table.  I should probably figure out how to do better than that.  For now, I drive to work in the dark and drive home in the dark, so getting sunlight has to wait for the weekends.  I am too impulsive when I finish something to wait to post a picture!!

Yay! I can't wait for someone else to try it.  Yes, mine is kind of an off white, a good winter color.  My pictures always seem to be taken at 9:30 at night on the kitchen table.  I should probably figure out how to do better than that.  For now, I drive to work in the dark and drive home in the dark, so getting sunlight has to wait for the weekends.  I am too impulsive when I finish something to wait to post a picture!!

I am working on it now.  it seems a bit complicated to learn but I'll stick with it.

Archived