greyhoundgrandma

2014 Stashbusting CAL

Only managed to use up 1 skein on a scarf this week. I am prepping for my trip to the moon.

WTD: -111

YTD: +18

• Like 1

Well, there was a yarn relapse!  I'm working on a hat for a friend that calls for different colors, so I had to buy more yarn.  I was only able to find a few of the colors.  The rest of the colors either didn't exist in my stash, or weren't the right yarn weight.  SO:

Stashbuster Total: WTD -8 YTD -126

:eek

Been crocheting but didn't get any used up.

2014 Stashbusting: wtd: 0 ytd: -26 9/6/14

Scores for week ending 9/6/14 

Gold medal - ladychris2010 - +4 

Silver medal - BigPinkPolkaDot - +3

Bronze medal - CLLinda - +2

greyhoundgrandma - 0

pineknott - 0

tnkycrochetnut - 0

Addicted2patterns - 0

howieann - -6

PBLKNP - -8

randib82 - -18

Shoot the moon winner - Shining_Star - -111

Oh my goodness!  A bronze with a plus 2?  Crazy. 

:manyheart

I forgot to post my unchanged score.  LOL  The temps are back down to "using yarn won't cause thermal distress" so I should be able to get some hooky time in this week!!  :rofl

Those are some pretty kooky scores this week... :wink

• Like 1

I worked on an afghan while we were gone last weekend and finished up one skein...+2.

Things have been crazy around here and I haven't posted a score for a bit.  I have been crocheting and using  up some yarn though.  Almost have an afghan finished, but made so many mistakes at the beginning had to reorder the beginning color.  Started on a car afghan for a little one.

So starting off the week with +6

I worked on an afghan while we were gone last weekend and finished up one skein...+2.

I got in 2 orders today. One was 2 skeins...-4; the other 3 skeins...-6. This is the first time I've ever gotten an order where the packing slip didn't match what was in the box. I emailed Red Heart, so hopefully they can get it straightened out. Then I went to Wal-Mart and couldn't pass up the 2 cones of cotton for $4 each...-4.

Which puts me at -12 for the week.

I got in 2 orders today. One was 2 skeins...-4; the other 3 skeins...-6. This is the first time I've ever gotten an order where the packing slip didn't match what was in the box. I emailed Red Heart, so hopefully they can get it straightened out. Then I went to Wal-Mart and couldn't pass up the 2 cones of cotton for $4 each...-4.

Which puts me at -12 for the week.

I made a hat and rolled a skein into a ball...-11.

I haven't been here since Aug. 30. My score for last week was 0, so it wouldn't change anything anyway. Worked  on a c2c baby afghan, but I'm still not to the mid point. I think it's going to take 3 skeins to get close to 36" by mid point. I bought 3 skeins cotton (- 6) because I need 2 potholders and a dish cloth for a wedding shower on Sunday. I made the potholders, used 2 skeins (+ 4) :cheer . I'm 1/2 way through the dish cloth, and should finish the last skein soon. I hope to have enough time to make some coasters (or a hot pad). I might need to buy more cotton, if I can't find any :yarn that'll go with the potholders.

WTD: - 2  YTD: + 116

Ellie 13

I made a hat and rolled a skein into a ball...-11.

I used up another skein on the afghan.....-9.

Posting early.  Probably going to be a busy day. 

WTD=+8  YTD=+55

I had two skeins that kept falling apart and one of them had both ends knotted together like they had been out for a wild night of dancing!  I rolled them both into balls to tame them. 

I finally finished that baby elephant hat and cocoon and sent them off to my niece's house.  Now to finish that prayer shawl.  When I have had time to crochet, it's been all the finishing kind of stuff -- weaving in ends, fringe. borders, sewing in labels -- all the stuff I'm not really fond of.  But, boy, do I feel a sense of accomplishment when another WIP is finished!

For week ending Sept. 13, 2014:

WTD:  +2  /  YTD:  -90

• Like 1