2014 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Lion Brand order can in this afternoon....18 skeins....-36. This is discontinued yarn that was really, really cheap.

Rolled a skein into a ball...+1.........-35

I have two orders that will probably be in next week, so I'll be starting the new year in the negative, too. The good news is that these are for specific projects, so hopefully I'll get them used up soon.

Reminder: This week is the end of the month and year, so post both your WTD and YTD scores this week.

Well, for the end of the year, I'm still holding steady with the same scores (this is only because I haven't received the Mary Maxim baby afghan kit in the mail yet!):

Stashbuster Total: WTD +12 YTD -62

I was really hoping to improve my score from last year... then I realized I'd have to DOUBLE my current score in order to just match last year's ending score.  I decided a positive score is moving in the right direction, so that's all that matters... right?  :wink

Melani, being in the positive whether it's better than last year is definitely good! I haven't achieved that yet, but maybe the new year will be the one.

You were closer this year than ever before!  You can do it!!  :cheer

While I do plan on hooking some today, I don't know that I will use up any noticeable amount of yarn.  Rather than take a chance on forgetting to post my final score, I'll do it now... then, if I manage to use up anything recordable, I can either update or just start the next one off right!  :rofl

So, here it is... DRUM ROLL, PLEASE!

My final score for the 2014 Stash-busting CAL is...

WTD +3

YTD +47

:hug

I rolled a pounder down into a ball after finishing a baby blanket.  I'm ending the year close to what I ended with last year.  I'm thankful for all the free yarn this year and last from my friends in my shawl ministry group at church.  They've been cleaning out their stashes and I've been adopting all of their bags and boxes of yarn.  Too bad it doesn't count on our own scores when we're helping others decrease their yarn bundles!

I was just updating my signature and realized that all last year I was changing the weekly and yearly to date scores and never changed the year!  I had 2013 there all of last year!  Oh well, it happens!

WTD:  +1   /  YTD:  -124

Last week of December 2014:

Gold Medal Winner: PBLKNP +12

Silver Medal Winner: Shannart +10

Bronze Medal Winner: SamT87 +8

crabby rat +3

BigPinkPolkaDot +1

Addicted2patterns 0

randib82 -7

treetybird87 -13

howieann -30

Shoot the Moon Winner: greyhoundgrandma -35

End of year scores for 2014:

Gold Medal Winner: Shannart +1056

Silver Medal Winner: lhasaapsolady +138

Bronze Medal Winner: crabby rat +47

treetybird87 +33

SamT87 +7

greyhoundgrandma -51

PBLKNP -62

howieann -95

randib82 -115

Addicted2patterns -123

Shoot the Moon Winner: BigPinkPolkaDot -124

We're missing some that haven't posted. I'll try to add in later if there are others.

Congratulations to all who finished in the positive! For the ones in the negative--have fun playing with your yarn in the new year!

Archived