2014 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

Way to go everybody!  I completely forgot to post my big GOOSE EGG of a score... not that it matters ayway... LOL

Sounds like lots of great stashbusting and stashbuilding going on!!  :)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats all!!

Finished a skein of Hobby Lobby baby yarn working on a doll dress.  Starting off the week with a +2.  Expecting an afghan kit so I need an offset this week.  Better keep crocheting.

I missed posting my +2...had a busy weekend. Spend most of Saturday rearranging my son's room ( we switched him from the small one to the bigger one...he's almost 14 :eek ) and then me and my wife went to a bar for her co-workers 21st birthday and didn't get home until 1 am. Then had to get up at 6 to pick up my son from his dad (he lives 5 hours away and we meet halfway) cos school starts tomorrow. I will just carry this over for next week. Gotta get hooking! :)

Finished up two skeins on a prayer shawl.  So I'm at a plus 4 for the week, so far.  And since it's in the -45 degree cycle, I'm not going anywhere that might sell yarn.  So it looks like it will be a good for stashbusting, and not buying.

I re-discovered today that crocheting in incredibly difficult with a newborn sleeping on my chest and even more so when he's a GIANT 14 lb 8 oz monster newborn. Of course, when he's not there his toddler sister is trying to help me crochet. this is super cute but super not helpful! I'm seeing quite a few 0 weeks in my future though I think I might have enough scrap yarn to make a decent sized scrap blanket, which should clear up some of this lot!

I re-discovered today that crocheting in incredibly difficult with a newborn sleeping on my chest and even more so when he's a GIANT 14 lb 8 oz monster newborn. Of course, when he's not there his toddler sister is trying to help me crochet. this is super cute but super not helpful! I'm seeing quite a few 0 weeks in my future though I think I might have enough scrap yarn to make a decent sized scrap blanket, which should clear up some of this lot!

Maybe he and big sis will coordinate their nap times soon and you'll have some me time!

It's so cold out, for the 2nd day in a row.  Decided to finish up a bunch of wip's today.  Finished two shawls and now working on a hat.  Also finished up another skein on the hat.

It's worth staying in and working on wip's.  This way, I can soon start new projects!

Maybe he and big sis will coordinate their nap times soon and you'll have some me time!

I use to hope that but she rarely naps during the day! I might have to sacrifice a ball if yarn and hook to her so I can do it but that would get me some points...

I use to hope that but she rarely naps during the day! I might have to sacrifice a ball if yarn and hook to her so I can do it but that would get me some points...

Seems like a worthwhile investment to me... ;)  

Yep. Then she can "shay" on her own while her mommy shays her baby brother's blanket. Speaking of which, I finally finished off the first pound skein of that darn thing so +2 this week to me!

Yep. Then she can "shay" on her own while her mommy shays her baby brother's blanket. Speaking of which, I finally finished off the first pound skein of that darn thing so +2 this week to me!

Can't wait to see her first project  ;)   congrats on her brother..he is a big 'un!

Already had to buy a skein to finish a scarf. Well that scarf is done and it was a xmas gift for our grandma but she was fringe on it. So had to buy a whole skein just to do edging...oh well.

So I guess so far I am at and even 0

My post Christmas Herschnerrs order came in giving me -48

The good news is the skeins are skeins are small so they should work up pretty quickly.  The bad new is they will take for every to weave in all the ends!!!

Archived