2014 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

No yarn use so far. I started to work on a baby blanket and got a row in and my youngest starting throwing up all over, so I had to put it away. Kids have been home from school as well, so no quiet time to just crochet. They start back on Monday, so I will have time next week!

WTD: 0 / YTD: 0

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WTD = +7    YTD=+7  !

Had a good week crocheting.  Finished up a blanket for the county fair, and a prayer shawl.

Hope to use more yarn than buy yarn, so being broke helps that out a lot too.

I had great intentions to crochet up a storm. But I am always getting distracted. Tv/movie, reading, internet... I just get distracted to easy. So what do I do? I go to the library and get an 842 page Stephen King book. Great idea huh. Now I for sure won't get any crocheting done.

WTD:0 YTD:0

Worked on a skein and got it down to ball size.  I'm on a mission to finish two prayer shawls a month this year.  We'll see. 

All of this cold and snowy weather :flake  :wcold  is perfect for hooks and yarn, but everyone's altered schedules make it challenging to snuggle in and and get lost in a project.

When things get back to a so-called normal, I'm going to take a Crochet Day!  Who's with me?

WTD:  +1  /  WTD:  +1

I thought I would get another skein finished today, but the arthritis in my thumb is acting up, so I'm calling it quits for the day. I'm in the positive this week, but I have an order for 9 skeins that will probably be in next week. So I'll just have to enjoy the positive for this week.

WTD +6

This week I used up 1 skein on a baby blanket.  The baby is due on the 23rd of Jan...so I hope to use up a couple more skeins as I finish it this week. Also...used up 2 balls of yarn working on hats for the homeless.

Score this week:   WTD: +4

My mom told me today that our 85 year old neighbor has more yarn to "donate" to me....so I may be in trouble. The last time she cleaned out her yarn and gave me some, I ended up with 2 plastic bins and 2 grocery bags of yarn. I knew she had some more yarn for me...she isn't able to knit as much as she used to and told me a couple months ago that she wanted to set aside some more yarn for me.

Not complaining one bit  :D  :D  :lol

Shannon

Ok. Count me in for this! My big goal for the year is fully organizing the apartment and getting rid of as much as I can. However the only way any of that stash is leaving is if it's in a finishing project! So it looks like I better get started and maybe finish off a bunch of those wips I have been working on for forever and maybe get a couple afghans done for Christmas as well.

Ok. Count me in for this! My big goal for the year is fully organizing the apartment and getting rid of as much as I can. However the only way any of that stash is leaving is if it's in a finishing project! So it looks like I better get started and maybe finish off a bunch of those wips I have been working on for forever and maybe get a couple afghans done for Christmas as well.

We be delighted to have you join us. Anyone who needs to stashbust and for me at least anyone who needs to organize is a friend.

This week I used up 1 skein on a baby blanket.  The baby is due on the 23rd of Jan...so I hope to use up a couple more skeins as I finish it this week. Also...used up 2 balls of yarn working on hats for the homeless.

Score this week:   WTD: +4

My mom told me today that our 85 year old neighbor has more yarn to "donate" to me....so I may be in trouble. The last time she cleaned out her yarn and gave me some, I ended up with 2 plastic bins and 2 grocery bags of yarn. I knew she had some more yarn for me...she isn't able to knit as much as she used to and told me a couple months ago that she wanted to set aside some more yarn for me.

Not complaining one bit  :D  :D  :lol

Shannon

OMGosh! Your neighbor sounds like my nana.

My nana and granny (dads mom and grandma) both crocheted. Granny had a lot of sickness. stopped crocheting a long time ago. She pasted away a few years ago. Last 10yrs of her life she had Dementia. She moved in with my nana and poppy. Ok at the same time my poppy's grandson moved in. Ok so all that combined with lots of other things from years gone by leads to nana and poppy getting a divorce. So now my nana is living in granny's house. 

They combined crocheted over 50yrs. Two count them 2 houses full of unused yarn and thread.

1. Two big huge plastic bins full.

2. Three closet's with I have no idea how much yarn.

3. Bags and bags of yarn.

And guess what my nana decided to do with it all. You guessed it. Give to me, the current crocheter. OMGOSH!!! I can't even begin to tell you how much yarn that is. Probably at least 300 skeins, balls, and leftover pieces, partial skeins balls whatever....

I know the feeling.  My MIL had complete collections of the Annie's Attic magazines that were her Mom's, but I wasn't crocheting so she didn't even mention she had them.  She sold them at a yard sale.  I've been collecting them almost since I started crocheting and I really wish I had the family collection.

Sorry I'm so late posting! I totally forgot my daughter had a basketball game today. I almost missed it and lost track of time.

My score this week:

WTD +14

Off to do the week's totals!

Drum roll please...

Ihasaapsolady  +16 ~~ Gold Medal!!

Braxxi  +14 ~~ Silver Medal!!

CLLinda  +7 ~~ Bronze Medal!!

greyhoundgrandma  +6

homesteadingwife  +4

Shannart  +4

Bailey4  +1

BigPinkPolkaDot  +1