Getting Started on Gifts for 2014

judianne

Well, Christmas 2013 :rud :ctreeis in 2 days, Hannukah and Winter Solstice :2snowman :flakehave come and gone...so...it's time to start thinking about and working on gifts for 2014! :shop:gift

I operate by the seat of my pants, so this is a no rules CAL. Visit here for friendship, encouragement or suggestions (we love to enable). :devil Some people may want to list their projects here or even use a personal spreadsheet. Whatever works for you is fine. We do, however, love to see pictures of completed projects if possible. And don't forget to observe the copyright rules on sharing or recommending patterns.

So....ta-da :dance...let the projects begin! :hook

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now i thought I was the onlyl crazy one to be thinking of next year already.  I think I will stop in once in a while to show what I am doing and especially to see what everyone else is doing.

Welcome, Mary Jo, Rustys mom and Bailey!

I want to give this more thought than I did last year, so when a couple of ladies suggested doing this again...well, here we are!

I like making thread bookmarks for quick gifts. Shawls and scarves, fingerless gloves are all nice, too. And as Mary Jo can attest, tote bags are always a hit!

How funny, as I'm gathering patterns I'm already contemplating next years gifts.  I have a Roebuck the Naughty Reindeer made but I'm not stuffing him until just before next Christmas so he's easier to store.  Also found some reindeer dish towels to go with him I want to crochet on.  Then to contemplate some potholders.... On crocheters, on knitters, work away work away all!  :yarn:knit:crocheting

Ok. I have two so far for next year.

My sister sent me a pinterest link with a pillow she wants me to make so that will be her gift next Christmas.

My son will be (gulp) starting college in the fall so I will make him a throw in the school colors. Nothing fancy, just a 2 strand double crochet throw.

Thats all for now. Blessings to all in 2014!

Thanks Cindy from Florida! I'll use that designation, if it's ok. I know another Cindy and she might pop over here sometime....

I hope everyone has had a nice Christmas.

Tomorrow will be a busy day for me, laundry, food store - all that fun stuff, but I'll be here by the end of the day.

Thanks Cindy from Florida! I'll use that designation, if it's ok. I know another Cindy and she might pop over here sometime....

I hope everyone has had a nice Christmas.

Tomorrow will be a busy day for me, laundry, food store - all that fun stuff, but I'll be here by the end of the day.

Yup, here I am! :)

The gifts that were most appreciated this year were hand made ones. I did not do anywhere near as well as I had hoped though.

The only specific plan that I have so far for next year is to finish the afghan that I started in 2012 for my oldest grandsons birthday.

Ok, Girls!  I'll play your silly game!   :P But every time I do this, I miss my mark by such a long shot, it isn't funny!!  :( I still haven't finished the shades of off white afghan I put on here as one of my WIPs for our county fair--2 years ago!!!

I started a large flat angel last February that has gotten lost in the pile(s)--I'd planned on making them for 5 members of my hubby's family, and also one for my closest friend!  So I guess I'll try to find it and continue on that path.  Maybe by Christmas 2022??? :shrug  :worried

Ok, I'd also like to make them all some fingerless gloves (that's an easy one!).

And then, I'd like to make some other undiscovered gifts for my Froggers in my class at the Senior Center--so I need to get busy going through all the patterns I keep saving on my computer!!

Good luck, everybody!!

Hi, Cindy, Avon Lady, Peggy and Jessica!

If we can find our UFO's that's a start! :lol :lol

I went to Michaels yesterday and had a light bulb moment. I have a Friendship ghan that I assembled a few years back. It's a nice size but I need a new coverlet to cover the entire mattress of my Queen bed in the guest room (decor looks like a rustic B&B witha  brass bed), so I ended up buying red  yarn so I can make a deep red border all around the ghan and accent all the colorful squares. I'm starting by making 16 Granny Squares.

So much for making gifts :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Hi, Cindy, Avon Lady, Peggy and Jessica!

If we can find our UFO's that's a start! :lol :lol

I went to Michaels yesterday and had a light bulb moment. I have a Friendship ghan that I assembled a few years back. It's a nice size but I need a new coverlet to cover the entire mattress of my Queen bed in the guest room (decor looks like a rustic B&B witha  brass bed), so I ended up buying red  yarn so I can make a deep red border all around the ghan and accent all the colorful squares. I'm starting by making 16 Granny Squares.

So much for making gifts :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Sometimes we need gifts for ourselves, too!

I tried but my computer won't do the multiple quote thinggie! It's going downhill fast. Let's see...

we DO need gifts for US!

The readers shawl is a nice pattern....the 3 shawls in my UFO - and not started - pile are all for me. I fell in love with the yarn and had the perfect patterns for all of it.

Bailey, the Christmas dishcloth kit sounds perfect! 

Archived