mom4x

2014 KISS Dishcloth swap Sign Ups OPEN

Heard from Michiganirish.  It is fun getting to know a new person.  I am now going thru my patterns to see what I have.

Sitting here  in the rain and watching the snow in Ann Arbor.  Watching the Hockey game.

For those of you getting the storm, take care and keep warm.

Received my partner info yesterday and emailed her.   WooHoo....yarn shopping soon.....big snowstorm here so I have to shovel first.  

Thinking of all my c'ville friends having cold and snow........No snow here but alot of gloomy days and rain.....

Will look and find a pattern soon for MissyAnn...

Just a reminder to everyone, I know we have a few new swappers...  I need to receive an email from you saying you have received your partner information, as per the swap rules.  Thanks to everyone and hope you are all having fun getting to know one another.

• Like 1

Good Morning everyone from Cold Florida.  Well cold for us anyway, it is 41 degrees :wbrr  and we may only get into the 60's.

How is everyone doing in the path of this storm?  :2snow  I hope you all are keeping warm :wlol , have plenty to crochet :crocheting and lots of supplies.

I picked out the pattern for my partner and the colors, so alls I have to do is make it now. :clap 

• Like 1

It is very cold here. Schools are closed. I'm in Central Pa. We got over 5 inches of snow which is not really a problem But it is 7 degrees with a windchill of -14. I wasn't going to be sending my kids anyway. They get bussed but some of the roads they go on, are known for drifting and I didn't want them to get stranded somewhere in this extreme cold temps. I even got some heat from some friends for saying that. But whatever. The schools cancelled so I didn't have to make that decision to not send them.

I'm still working on finding a pattern for my swap partner. I have the yarn picked out though. So that's a start, right? LOL!

For those of us affected by the snowstorm, stay safe and warm. For those who are in sunny florida or california enjoying beautiful weather with temps suitable for living creatures, well, we don't want to hear it. Just Kidding!!!!

• Like 1

Pretty cold here in SouthEast Michigan.   -4 when I woke up  and now we are going outside ( up to a whopping -2 now) to shovel the end of the driveway.  

Great day for crochet, reading and catching up on the multitude of recorded tv shows.

Here in sunny Florida it is a chilly 45 outside.......can't complain about that--to some I guess it's almost bikini weather---LOL.

I am trying to complete a W.I.P.( a large crocheted Pony)  before beginning the dishcloth. I started the pony a few months ago but it was put aside for other things. I hope to finish it today. I haven't found THE pattern yet for the dish cloth.

• Like 1

It appears the snow has stopped for now.  Thankfully we got less than predicted and DH already was home on vacation.  Still haven't settled on my pattern yet, but I think I have the yarn.  Just waiting to hear from my partner to my a final plan.

21 here in Mississippi when I got up, which is COLD for us. I can't imagine negative numbers! We very rarely even get teens, much less single digits. Hope everyone is able to stay in and be warm and safe!

Well I guess I'm in the heat wave with temps in the low 60s. I hope everyone is safe and staying warm.

I mailed a cloth to my partner today, sahm2g1b should receive the package Monday or Tuesday.

Hi Tampa Doll - I too spent the day going through patterns, this is so much fun.  Cathsmom- man oh man you guys got the brunt of the storm.  I had an unofficial snow day (aka work for schools - no kids yet, but I was scheduled to work).  Hope everyone east stays safe and warm...

WOW, you are fast!!!! I'm going to have to do an eeny meeny miny mo to help me make up my mind, lol!! 

Almost finished.  Hoping to get it in the mail next week.

Rebby - Dropped your package in the mail this afternoon! It says it should be there Monday. I guess we will have to wait and see what the weather does to the mail delivery schedule.

• Like 1

I'm planning to head to the store tomorrow after the girls' dance class to buy my yarn. Then with a couple days of snow and then a couple days of sub-zero temps as the high in the forecast, I'm hoping to get some good crocheting time in.

I can't find THE right pattern yet!! I'm trying to finish a simple scarf for my brothers girlfriend in his school colors so she has some green & white to wear to his basketball games!! (She goes to a rival school :P ) I hope to have your cloth sent out middle of the week though, mockinjay!!

Found my pattern and yarn.  Finished crocheting the dishcloth and now getting it ready to mail.

Oh Michiganirish it is perfect for you it is called the Irish Rose. :heehee