auntbubbels

2014 Magic Ball Swap - Let the swapping begin

Auntbubbels, I am having so much fun shopping for you!! When the husband gets paid again next Friday, I'll make sure I'm finished up & will get your box shipped your way the following Monday I'm sure!

Wow, I am so far behind.  We have company and have been entertaining so I haven't had time to shop but I am shopping in my head!!!   LOL

Smokey81 UPS delivered your yarn.  Now I just need to survive my dentist appointment tomorrow and I should be able to finish shopping for the items to put inside it and begin rolling this weekend.  Weather permitting this hopefully will go out at the beginning of next week.

Shopping is done!!!  Was able to combine some sales with coupons and did well.  This is going to be one "interesting" looking ball. :yes  :lol  :lol

Promised DH I'd get all the ornaments off the tree so it can be packed away today.  However, I should have it rolled in time to mail at the beginning of the week.

I wouldn't exactly call it a ball, but all the items are wrapped.  I just need to find a box that will fit it.  The box the yarn came in is too small and the next size I located is a bit big.  I suspect this project is easier with a larger skein. :lol  :lol

I have my "ball" wrapped too!  I have a few things I want to add to pretty it up.   I should be finished by the end of the week....I hope!

I'm not sure what would have made yours pretty. :lol  However, DH did take it to the post office this morning.  I will send out the tracking numbers when I have them.

Jessica, I found some fun stuff on the internet and ordered it yesterday.  This company is good with shipping so it should get here this week.  

I have to get back to Joann's because I have other items in my mind that I want to pick up - I am having fun!!!!

I have my package!  It arrived on Wednesday.  Work has been crazy and I just had time to upload the pictures!  I love everything....I was so spoiled!  I received pretty much everything I had said I would like.  The yarn is a skein of Lion Brand Heartland.  I have been wanting to try this yarn....it is so soft!  I also got highlighters, pens, a tape measure, sticky notes, scissors, yarn needles, stitch markers, a handmade dishcloth and CANDY!  LOL like I need that, but I love it!  lol!  Thanks again Bailey4!  Your package will be ready for the mail either tomorrow or Tuesday.  I will let you know when it goes.

post-2360-0-98729500-1389984066_thumb.jpg

post-2360-0-49581100-1389984094_thumb.jpg

Bailey4 (Chris).....just a short note. I have your package ready for the mail, but am doubtful I will get it to the PO before Friday. My 56 year old Brother in law passed away unexpectedly on Sunday. We are in the midst of..well you know. I will do my best to get this out after the funeral and will let you know.

I'm so sorry for your loss.  No rush.  Please take the time you need with your family.

Bailey4 (Chris).....just a short note. I have your package ready for the mail, but am doubtful I will get it to the PO before Friday. My 56 year old Brother in law passed away unexpectedly on Sunday. We are in the midst of..well you know. I will do my best to get this out after the funeral and will let you know.

My package arrived from Smokeyp81 this morning and it was filled with all kinds of goodies.  I got a ball of beautiful Red Heart Boutique Unforgettable Yarn in Petunia.  I knew Red Heart had put out a number of new styles, but I'd never heard of this one.  It is very soft and the colors are beautiful.  I'm going to test the gauge and see where to put it to use as it says its a 4, but it feels like its between a 3 and a 4 as far as most of the stuff I make goes.

post-44922-0-71768800-1390841964_thumb.jpg

The goodies were wonderful.  I got buttons for my doll dresses, a package of ami eyes for my amis, a K Bates Bamboo hook, yarn needles, black and white thread, and safety pins, which were all items I asked for to help with my projects.  I also got labels and a small ruler which will be great for measuring gauge.

post-44922-0-57724700-1390841979_thumb.jpg

Thank you Smokeyp81.  I know this has been a tough time for you. :hug   I thank you for your thoughtful package.

Of course now you've got me exploring what other new yarns I didn't know Red Heart was making.  I'm already hooked on the Lion Brand yarn I found when I was putting your package together.  I bought some in the same color to do a doll's coat for the Crochetville Olympics this weekend.  I almost bought some in blue when Joann's had their big sale yesterday.  :lol  :lol

OK Jessica - I bought all your stuff and now I have to figure out how to wrap it all up.

It will definitely go into the mail real soon!!!

Yeah

Jessica - I went to mail your package yesterday but they wanted way too much money for postage.  There is a place across from where I am that does mailing.  They are convenient but expensive.

I was going to the post office today but it's raining and I don't like driving in the rain, so I will go tomorrow.

I hope you like what I put together for you.

Jessica - I just checked the tracking information and now it says Undeliverable as Addressed - so I think it's coming back to me.  They didn't  list the address on the receipt, so I don't know whats wrong.

Edited by auntbubbels

Janet, I am sure I will love every bit of it :) 

Yours will hopefully go out in the mail tomorrow. We are supposed to be getting 8-12 inches of snow! I should have mailed it today, but I had to come home & get everything wrapped inside the ball before I mailed it! 

I wanted to ship tomorrow but I decided to unwind my ball.. it looked horrid . I will rewind it and try again tomorrow too tired right now... 

janet - I received mine Tuesday!! Yours went in the mail today. I have emailed you the tracking #! 

THank you sooo much!! I love the yarn, the boys love the little sharks & the silly putty! I'm hearing tons of noises!

Thank you so much Mockinjay, I got your ball tonight.. I will post pictures as soon as I unwrap it ;) 

• Like 1

Kidge, I really hope you liked your Magic ball. I was a little nervous over it after I seen others post their balls. Have a great weekend!

I love everything.... Just fabulous .. I hope you enjoy what I did for you..