Infinity scarf for my friend

magiccrochetfan

post-10356-0-13824800-1386960435_thumb.jpg   post-10356-0-47223800-1386960448_thumb.jpg 

This was a fun project.  I had bought the yarn, Laines du Nord Cashsilk, maybe 5 years ago at Tuesday Morning. It is 50% merino wool, 25% silk and 25% cashmere, and it is as  buttery soft as that combination sounds like it would be.  It felt so good I had to buy it!   I crocheted one fingerless mitt out of it but never made a second one as I don't really wear mitts  :P   So i had several balls of this in my stash and never knew what to do with it; the red is so bright that I could not wear it close to my face as I am way too pale.  (I also bought some black and made a neckwarmer for my husband that he uses a lot.)  

Finally this year the perfect opportunity presented itself.  Our weekly stitching group drew names and I drew the name of Maria whose favorite color is red.  Boy did I ever have the perfect RED  :santa  for her!  So I  made this scarf which I think she liked. I used up almost all of the red.  The stitch pattern is a shell of 2 dc, ch1, dc, with a sc in between each shell, and shell in sc on next row, sc in ch1 of shell.  I made it as a long strip and sewed it together to make it a big ring.  it is long enough to loop around twice or even three times.  I also gave her some sample sizes of Eucalan to wash it in.  

(wow, I am proud of myself!  I actually got the photos right where I wanted them in the post---major accomplishment lol)  

Hi Deb, thanks!  It was very easy.   There is a seam, which shows a bit on one side but I managed to get it pretty invisible on one side.  I guess the advantage of working it longways and in a circle would be there would not be a seam.  But this way I was able to crochet until I ran out of yarn, so that seemed like the best choice as I didn't have a lot of yarn.  

• 4 weeks later...

Archived