Owl Headband & a little hat

LuvMyAngels

The local high school has a program called Peer Helpers.  Each year this class is given a list of low income kids and the teens are then responsible for coming up with Christmas presents for "their" kids.  It's run on donations so each morning during the announcements they remind the kids to bring in any new/gently used toys, clothes & such.  

Last week my 15 year old came to me and asked if I would make something to donate to this program.  I told her I can but I have so many projects going right now that it may mean her some of hers arent finished in time for Christmas.  Her reaction was instant!  A quick smile and "Thats okay.  I get lots of things but some of these kids wont get anything".  Needless to say we sat down together to figure out what she wanted to donate, what colors and I got them stitched up.  Shaylyn couldnt decide girl or boy, so we did one for each.

A little Owl (Hooty Headband) for a girl

post-27802-0-25964500-1386859460_thumb.jpg

And a toasty warm hat for a boy 

post-27802-0-64004900-1386859470_thumb.jpg

Thanks.  I hope we helped keep 2 little heads a bit warmer this winter.

Shaylyn has already started talking about coming up with donations for next year, some of which she plans to make herself.  This teenager of mine may cause me quite a few headaches but when it comes down to the important things she has one of the biggest hearts of anyone I know.  Im not sure its something that was taught, its just how she's "wired"...we've simply encouraged her to keep her heart tender to those in need.

Archived