It's a Hoot! Owl hat

Apak

I like this pattern very much! It's called "It's a Hoot! an Owl Hat" by Carlinda Lewis.

I made it for my almost 3yo DD, but I guess I used too thick yarn and although I made baby size, the hat is just too big. But I found one a little bigger girl and the hat fits her, so I'll make another one for DD.

post-30828-0-13439300-1386775721_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...

can anyone help me understand row 11?  are there only 5 owls?  or do they go all around?  I Repeated around 5 times withing the parenthesis but only went 1/2 way around i am misreading something here and the supplemental chart I don't understand...

can anyone help me understand row 11?  are there only 5 owls?  or do they go all around?  I Repeated around 5 times withing the parenthesis but only went 1/2 way around i am misreading something here and the supplemental chart I don't understand...

Amanda, you will probably get more answers if you post your question in a help section.  The show and tell section is mainly just for sharing things we've made.  Also you might want to look on Ravelry where you can see others' comments and forum posts about the pattern  Based on the photo there i think it looks like there are 6 owls around the hat but i don't have the pattern.  Often in the projects people post great photos and notes that can be really helpful.  

Archived