Crochet beginner looking for #crochetfriends....

loocahswit

I think it is so awesome how he shares with you in your passion to crochet. That's rare. My husband is helping me learn to paint and spin my own yorn. Very new endeavor for us both. Even if we fail at something, we are together learning and spending very precious time together.

He taught me his hobby of making thing on a woodturning lathe. I learned to turn wood ink pens. So far I think we've made and sold more than 200. I can't work with him at that anymore and miss it. Now he will take his larger project off occasionally and bring it in to show me. He makes all the pens now though.

We are about to set up our spare bedroom, he uses as his office and where I keep my yarns, ect..., into a bedroom/crafting room and a corner for his computer desk. This will be awesome. He is building a foundation for a mattress. Also the headboard will have flat drawers and shelf. The room is small but getting rid of stuff stored in he can be on the computer and I can crochet in bed with plenty of light. I may like painting and spinning yarn enough to invest in a good spinning wheel and he can do much of the leg work part of our hobbies.

Yes I love my husband, not for what he does for me, but for who he is, the love in his heart.

Wow, got off track. Let this be a warning to readers......if you see my screen name on a post you may want to skip it.

Wow, got off track. Let this be a warning to readers......if you see my screen name on a post you may want to skip it.

:lol

show us some pictures of what your room will look like afterwards... :cheer

I will try to do that. I will post later a picture of an afghan I am doing when DH comes home from work this afternoon. I have done many afghans and simple scarves and given them all away. My daughter-in-law keeps reminding me for the whole 7 years she's been married, that every member of my sons ex girlfriends family, and my son all have an afghan I made and I have never done one for her. My grandsons ages 18-months, and 3.5-years do not have one from me either. But my granddaughter of 4 months had hers at birth.just my awesome luck (her dismay), she will be pregnant in a couple more months. I hurt for her though. This third baby was her 7th or 8th pregnancy. I would love a dozen grands but fear for her health/survival with each delivery

Oops, again, off course.

I will post the picture when I can give proper credit for the pattern and book I make this variation of. I have made 3 others in various color schemes and fall more in love with this pattern every time.

Amber83, it has kept us very close and even after 31 years of marriage we just get closer.

That said, we learned drop spindle yarn spinning together yesterday. I am a fumbler but he learns very quickly and brings the instructions into the realm of understanding.

I am going to try to secretly make him a new blanket. He has to use close stitches. Does anyone have any suggestions for pattern. Preferably free please.

Archived