Crochet beginner looking for #crochetfriends....

loocahswit

Hello everyone! hi.gif

I'm Abhey, from the Philippines.....

I'm a crochet beginner and has learned my way in crocheting through online instructions. I would like to connect with other #crochetizen like me (especially beginners like me) so that I won't have to feel that I'm alone in this journey. And most of all, crocheting would be more fun and exciting if i will share it with people like you! :yes  So i do hope that you will add me as your friend...please please please ;) 

You can add me on facebook (just message me first so i'l know ok :))

Or you can like the page that I created on facebook or blogspot...

I'm so new into these so please add me ok...yay! im so excited to be your #crochetfriend..... :cheer

~Abhey

heartpump.gifheartpump.gifheartpump.gifheartpump.gifheartpump.gif

Hi :hi and Welcome :welcome    to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

You will always find someone on here just learning to crochet and some who know a little, but we are all always learning and willing to give a hand.

You just have to ask and someone will help.

Looking for a pattern, go to seeking patterns.  Need some help go to Crochet help.

We also love pictures of your work and we never criticize.  You will find happy and helpful people here.

Bienvenue, Welcome loocahswit ,

Wishing you to meet the rigth friends with whom achabge ideas about crochet,

even geographically close to your home why not?

Thnk you for your links.

About learning crochet:

even a profesionnal crochet stylist aee  still learning...

and each of us add a new style, or new way, or technique to crochet;

Amicalement

FleurBelge

• 2 weeks later...

I'm Abhey, from the Philippines.....

I'm a crochet beginner and has learned my way in crocheting through online instructions. I would like to connect with other #crochetizen like me (especially beginners like me) so that I won't have to feel that I'm alone in this journey. And most of all, crocheting would be more fun and exciting if i will share it with people like you! :yes  So i do hope that you will add me as your friend...please please please ;) 

You can add me on facebook (just message me first so i'l know ok :))

Or you can like the page that I created on facebook or blogspot...

I'm so new into these so please add me ok...yay! im so excited to be your #crochetfriend..... :cheer

~Abhey

Abhey,

I too am a beginner of 6 years. I say beginner because I am the only person I know in Virginia, USA that Crochets. Where I lived in Tennessee USA we had a small group. I was taught by a daughter of a friend as well as a friend who has been crocheting for 70 years now.

I will have to get up nerve to post what I have been doing. My sons wife had a traumatic brain injury at 16. She forgot all her math and geography. One night at our house she saw a skein of yarn and asked for a hook. She said she wanted to see if she could re-learn it. That night while sitting at the hospital with a sick aunt, she made a baby blanket. Now she does some of the most beautiful work I have ever seen!

Abhey,

I too am a beginner of 6 years. I say beginner because I am the only person I know in Virginia, USA that Crochets. Where I lived in Tennessee USA we had a small group. I was taught by a daughter of a friend as well as a friend who has been crocheting for 70 years now.

I will have to get up nerve to post what I have been doing. My sons wife had a traumatic brain injury at 16. She forgot all her math and geography. One night at our house she saw a skein of yarn and asked for a hook. She said she wanted to see if she could re-learn it. That night while sitting at the hospital with a sick aunt, she made a baby blanket. Now she does some of the most beautiful work I have ever seen!

hi beckey! :)

i hope you're feeling well now...you mentioned to me in fb you had an allergy or something. i hope your skin is all well and looking good again.... :)

you're son's wife's story is inspiring....i have gone into stress and depression this year....i was hoping i could go to the college where i want to study all my life and when i finally got the opportunity i grabbed it.. i applied for masters in social work, but since i'm not a bachelor grad of social work, i had to undergo the post masters program. but things didn't worked out and i'm away from my family...i stopped in the program and had to apply for a job so i can support my self....but things didn't went well in work too... :cry ....i thought i was doing everything right....but all ended up bad....so i thought maybe i should rest for awhile.... after months of thinking and looking for answers, an inspiration hit me... then i started learning crocheting.... this craft has helped me recuperate my self.... it made me feel that i can do more better things.... i'm learning this craft and would like to master it... :lol ... you know...just making something that will give me a little hope so that i'll be better when i re-apply for a new job... :D

i'm glad i found crochetville and met people who can also be an inspiration to me... sorry for the long story... but i think all of us have unique stories and that's what our crochet makings will tell...

:manyheart   i think i will have to practice more...and when i'm ready, i will teach the other ladies near my place so they'll have a fun thing to do during their spare time... looking forward to it....angel.gif

Hiya! I'm not new to crochet but if you ever get stuck on anything I'm happy to help if I can :)

Beware of magazines, they seem to have some fabulous patterns but often have mistakes!

Debbie Stoller's Happy Hooker crochet book is great and easy to understand, I learnt a lot from that and is cheap on Amazon either paperback or Kindle edition if you have a tablet or iPad. Also the encyclopedia of crochet is another good one. The new version has a green cover with pictures of stitches and stuff I think. My husband bought it for me not realising I already had the first version.

Granny squares can be addictive to make, but when joining be sure to join them all the right way up. I accidentally did one the wrong way round, tried to cut through the slip stitches and ended up cutting my square! Fixed it in the end. Phew!

My husband wants to learn to crochet, he's so funny to teach bless him! We just end up in fits of giggles haha

Archived