Care of a crocheted bag?

Titus2woman

Question

7 answers to this question

For all the fun people make of Super Saver, it has one quality desperately needed around our house: it wears like iron and doesn't care if it goes through the laundry. If you machine wash, machine dry to bring it back to shape. If you do happen to hand wash it, it will still look better if it goes through the dryer.

I was hoping you'd say that.  It wears like iron.  Other than making sure than nothing on 2 or 4 legs chews on it - it should stay in good shape all on it's own.  That's why I make kids blankets out of it. 

I always throw my RHSS in the dryer - low heat with a fabric softener sheet and remove when dry - it doesn't take long.  It tightens the stitches back up and they just spring back to life.  Sometimes they can get stretched out and start to look sad. 

That is why I try to use Red Heart for a lot of the projects I do for charity, it needs to be durable and washable and dryable and it certainly fits the bill. I have an afghan that I took after my mom passed in 2012 and it was RedHeart (I had given her skeins of yarn one year as a present and she made herself an afghan) and she made it way back in 1986 and it is still going strong. It may feel harsher when you first use it but washing it will soften it up with a bit of softener.

LI Roe

Archived