ReniC

Problems On New Posts/Replies

When posting a new topic or adding a reply to a existing topic, I cannot add a link thru the Link tab or even change font color. As you can see, all I can do is type in black. I also cannot paste anything like a website address. Each time I want to add a link I have to type it out myself.

Hope someone can help.

Edited by ReniC

Reni when you go to reply to a post what do you see?  This has happened to me before and Amy told me to click something (of course I can't remember what) and it brought it all back.  It may be the little icon in the header of the reply box.  

I too have noticed that you can't paste anything anymore. I know this is an option that sites can do to prevent pasting so maybe this is something that Crochetville has done. Maybe Amy or an admin will respond to your question.

Edited by RecycleCindy

I cannot add a link thru the Link tab or even change font color. As you can see, all I can do is type in black.

ReniC try clicking the button on the top left corner when you are in the reply box.  Maybe that will help.

I too have noticed that you can't paste anything anymore. I know this is an option that sites can do to prevent pasting so maybe this is something that Crochetville has done

It is not something this site is preventing.  You can paste in a quote or after the quote once you pasted.

Use the ctrl and v keys at the same time while in the reply box when you are not quoting, and it will paste.

Hope that helps.

:)

Thank you for your help lovely friends.

I figured out the problem. I downloaded IE-11 the other day and it may work very well for Windows 8 but is not completely compatible with Windows 7. So, problem solved. I posted a reply in Seeking Patterns and everything is back to norm. :P 

Maybe you can tell me what's wrong with my replies.  I get put in a color but then the size disappears.  If I change the font size then the color goes back to black.  Nothing is working correctly.  I have IE 11 what did you do to fix the problem, I also have windows 7.

I'm so glad to read this, well not that people are having trouble , but that I'm not the only one, lol. Besides the problems you have mentioned I also can not use the multi quote function.  It looks like it is working (number of quotes goes up as I check them off on different people) but when I click to post I get a blank area to post to (all of the quotes are deleted).  It's getting very frustrating.

Ann, when you're clicking to post with multi-quote, are you clicking on the little black box that tells you how many posts you're quoting?

If so, and you're still having issues, try clearing your browser's cookies, then trying again. Sometimes a corrupted cookie can cause problems..

If that doesn't solve the problem, please post and let me know what operating system you're using and what browser and version you're using. I'll see if I can duplicate the problem.

I am also not able to change colors or font or anything. I have also tried to paste and nothing will paste. I have a reply typed up in Word, and have tried to use the Ctrl V and the Paste from Word icon. Nothing happens. I highlight typing and go to change the color or size and the highlight goes away when I click on the color palette or the size option. If I try to change the color or size before typing the cursor goes back up to the first line of text.

I am using Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 11.

Edited by Shining_Star

Along with the other issues I have I cannot quote anyone let alone do multi quotes.   I have windows 7 and internet explorer 11 also.

Just thought I'd bump this up and see if anyone has figured this out.  I tried copying and pasting a little while ago and I also can't do it.  It's been really frustrating. :cry :cry

Thank you Amy, as you can see it is still not working.  I click on the black multi quote box or just now to quote you, a single quote, nothing.

I have Windows 7 Internet Explorer 9 11

Thank you,

Ann

Edited by grannyannie

Ok well now I can't post a smiley on my post.  It's been so frustrating.  It's like every day there is something else I can't do when trying to post. 

I'm having issues also.  I can't add a link.  I click on the link icon above, paste in the url and it locks up my computer.  I have windows 7 and IE 11.

When I am on my tablet if I change the browser settings to desktop view, I have the ability to change color and size on the text. I can also paste, however, I cannot do any of that on my laptop with Windows 7 and IE11. Anytime I highlight text to change and click on the color palette or size option the cursor moves to the beginning of the post ad un highlights everything. When I click on paste, paste from Word, or press Ctrl + V, nothing at all happens.

I really hope someone is working on this, before long there will be several of us with the same issues if everyone keeps up with the automatic updates pushed out by Windows.

Just thought I'd add to this topic. I'm on a desktop using Windows 8.1 and IE 11.

Copy and Paste isn't working. If I reply by using Quote, nothing quotes.

Nothing is fixed for me.  Not sure what I am suppose to do.  I cannot use the smileys, I can't change the font, colors, nothing.

As previously posted in post #1 of this topic in 2013, I had problems posting while using IE-11 on Windows-7, so, I restored back to IE-10 and the problems were resolved immediately.

A few weeks ago I purchased a new laptop with Windows-8 and IE-11 already installed. I am back to the exact same problems and cannot change the new laptop to IE-10. Crochetville works perfect on my old laptop still using IE-10 but I no longer use it.

Since I am not the only member experiencing this problem, is there a way for the Crochetville techies to configure whatever needs to be updated for IE-11 to work smoothly for all of us?

Examples:

-Cannot highlight and change anything on the new post such as font, color, etc. The highlighting disappears.

-Will not allow me to post with any quotes or multi-quotes (freezes page)

-Page also freezes when I try to add a link through Link icon.

-Not possible to post crochet photo attachments.

I do hope this can be resolved as I miss posting when I'd like to help or share.

Reni

PS. I can change the font style, size and color before I type anything but when I change lines with Enter, it reverts back to the default setting.

same exact issues I am having and I have windows 7 with IE11.  I've been pretty frustrated with the whole thing and it's one of the reason I am not on much anymore.  I can't share anything I do or want an opinion on.  Anyway, I am totally frustrated with the whole thing.

Pat--

I sent a contact message for Board Help on this matter. There is something that is not compatible with the forum and IE-11. My new PC will not allow me to change to IE-10, so, I may just have to be content with the limitations too.

I didn't want this to happen but, my husband did a recovery on my new laptop and re-formatted a few things differently (don't know what) and my problems posting and such have disappeared. Thank goodness for this guy.

Reni, can you ask your husband what he set up differently? That might help us isolate any problems.

I'm also going to go over to the tech support forums for the forum software we use and see if anyone else is reporting issues.

Looks like there is a new update to our forum software. I hope that will resolve the issue for everyone.

Donna will need to do a complete backup up of the forum database so we don't lose anything, then we'll get the software provider to update the software for us. Donna's on vacation with her family right now, so it will be later this week or early next when she can get to it.

In the meantime, please visit the forum with a different browser, and your problems should go away. I use Firefox, and don't have any issues at all.