Sign in to follow this  
Titus2woman

Drew Emborsky's Cable Car Hobo

Question

I bought this pattern and green yarn for my diaper bag, and I've been working and frogging it for over a month.  The cables do NOT look like the cables in the pics.  This isn't my first time working with cables, I *feel* like I'm following the pattern well, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong!!!  Any advice?  I've about given up (and did have a help thread on Ravelry that hasn't gotten any attention), as I am running out of time.  I am SO in love with this bag though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I think if I had the $$$ I'd even pay to have it made at this point...  LOL!  TIA for any advice.  ~sigh~

5 answers to this question

YES!  That is the one.  I will start again and show you what's happening.  I have an extra cable (or two, depending on how I decipher the pattern) going up straight in between the cables that are chained together.  *THANK YOU!*  At least there's HOPE!  :D

GRANNY SQUARE!  *THANK YOU!*  I think I just needed some support, because I HAVE FINALLY FIGURED THIS THING OUT!  WOOHOOOOO!  :D

It is DONE, save lining.  OH I cannot sew a lick!  LOL!  I am generally happy with it.  I crochet sooo tightly I should have used a larger hook.  The bag is more square, and I like the original shape best.  I also made the handle longer, and I think I made it too skinny at the top.  Still I went ahead and wove the ends on in~I'm gonna use it, and I'm gonna like it!  :D  Will post a pic sometime....