Kalliopeia

Color Waves Afghan

I started this three years ago for my cousin who was going away to college. I never finished it, and then we decided to have a surprise party for her 21st birthday last month and the heat was on. :) I finished it, barely (found myself weaving in ends on the morning of the party), and I'm glad I did because I really ended up loving it. She seemed to, as well. :)  I used the Wave Rider Throw pattern found here: http://www.spinsandneedles.co.uk/blog/patterns/pattern-for-wave-rider-throw/ though I used a heavier weight yarn and made it bigger overall.

post-26513-0-51212200-1384119649_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kalliopeia
  • Like 1

That is just gorgeous! I bet she loves it! Good things come to she who waits lol

I am very curious what yarn you used. Is it a long color change yarn, or is each stripe a different piece of yarn? Either way, the colors are great, comfy looking yet vibrant.

Thanks for sharing your work, its inspiring!

Edited by magiccrochetfan

Thanks! I used Lion Brand Amazing yarn. Each stripe is a different colorway (every stripe is two rows, and I would then switch colors so I had a lot of ends to weave in!), but every color is variegated so you'd get a lot of stripes that changed colors within itself.  I believe the original pattern called for Noro, which I suppose would have the same effect.

I LOVE this!  It's just so beautiful with all the colors and I love the way the stripes change direction!  I am definitely putting this one on my to-do list!  You did a spectacular job on it!

Such pretty colors and texture!  And Lion Brand's Amazing yarn is soooo soft and snuggly!!  *SIGH* You're cousin is an extremely lucky girl!!