2 Trish K Doilies

dixieredhead

Everything is really beautiful.:cheer

I love the snowflakes. :flake :flake :flake

I remember well, the blocking of them. I spent a whole year doing nothing but snowflakes and such for my tree. I made graphs for under the wax paper or plastic wrap. The graph depended on how many points were in the snowflake. If you like, pm me with your e-mail and I will send them to you. It makes the blocking easier.

Quote:

Originally Posted by susannahk

It's the snowflakes that are BEAUTIFUL!

wHERE can I get the patterns given that I'm in the UK?

i'D LOVE TO DO SOME AS x-MAS decorations....and I have to do some thread crochet for a course I'm on , they'd be ideal!What's the hook size? I'm only a beginner....:cheer

As for snowflakes. Try this site. They have quite a few.:hook

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.co.../snowflakes.php

After you block them put them in the car. During the day the car can get hot or warmer depending on where you live and they can get dry faster. Thats what I do put them on cookie sheet,,,foam board etc. and then they go in the van...

crochetier for 37 years and counting

Your doilies are absolutely stunning! And I just :manyheart the snowflakes - you've inspired me to give them a try. I've sent off pm's to both Kimberly and Mary Jo for their info, etc, and will be pulling out my #10 and hooks. :hook

Soon, maybe I'll even get a chance to try a doily. I think I tried many years ago, but wasn't sufficiently experienced to make it work. I've got a LOT of doily patterns in my collection, as I've always wanted to do them, just never got around to it. They were always for "someday", maybe that day has arrived? :)

Thank you All!!

i read somewhere to use a mixture of equal portions of elmers glue and water. Found out to use PLASTIC WRAP over whatever you pin them down to though, the hard way. Snowflakes are really hard to block right. or at least to me they were. I'm not used to all that intricate pinning. I'd make more, if someone else would block them :lol

I use equal portions of Elmer's and water and it works great. I also found that wax paper works great. To block them, I drew up a 6 or 8 pointed template, depending on the snowflake, on the computer, printed it out and put it under the wax paper. It definitely helps with the blocking and when it gets warn out, I just print out another. :)) You did a wonderful job on the doilies and snowflakes.

Archived