2 Trish K Doilies

dixieredhead

Thank you All!!

i read somewhere to use a mixture of equal portions of elmers glue and water. Found out to use PLASTIC WRAP over whatever you pin them down to though, the hard way. Snowflakes are really hard to block right. or at least to me they were. I'm not used to all that intricate pinning. I'd make more, if someone else would block them :lol

Gorgeous, great job!!

I use wax paper to lay my snowflakes out on before I pin them. And I'm with you, blocking them is finicky work. I try not to block more than three at a time, in other words doing them as I go. It's my least favorite part of making snowflakes though the results are more than worth it.

It's the snowflakes that are BEAUTIFUL!

wHERE can I get the patterns given that I'm in the UK?

i'D LOVE TO DO SOME AS x-MAS decorations....and I have to do some thread crochet for a course I'm on , they'd be ideal!What's the hook size? I'm only a beginner....:cheer

Wow! Those doilies are awesome!! And the snowflakes are great! I believe that I am using the same book on my current round of Snowflakes for my Christmas cards....finished the first one so far :)

SusannahK - I sent you a PM with some sites and information on snowflakes! Anyone else looking for information, please send me a PM.

I love everything you made you did wonderful on all 3... But I keep really looking and studying the 1st one its an eye catcher! Wow!

My question is tho is there bullion stitches in there going around looks like 8th or 9th row? Whatever it is thats very striking! Love the look!

Is that your made up pattern or a pattern you came across?

Now that you got those done whats on your next project?:hook

After I finished Dots baby knee high booties I plan to start a bunch of doiles I have in mind--wim==work in mind....

Terry Devine

crochetier for 37 yrs and counting......

Archived