Tampa Doll

C’ville November 2013 Tote

The old song reads “ Over the river and thru the woods to Grandmother’s house we go.” 

Well, being from the city it was ”Over the Ben Franklin Bridge and up Luzerne St. to pick up Grandmom and Grandpop for Thanksgiving Dinner.  :drive

My Dad would also go to the Philadelphia Navy Yard to pick up a couple of Military Men who could not get home for Thanksgiving.  My Mom loved it.  She finally had someone who loved to eat, not just us three girls.  Dad would also have some one other than us to watch the football games with.

This is the month that we think about all we are thankful for.  Mine are simple, I am thankful for my health, my family and my friends here at Crochetville.

The tote this month is made with Peaches N Cream Chocolate Ombre with Lion Brand  Espresso The flower is white and the pocket is Cream with dark brown hook and writing.

It took a while to figure out a name for tote #92, we finally came up with  Thanksgiving Bounty. :idea

So what are you thankful for?  :pilgrim

:tdance  :ttalk Happy Thanksgiving everyone. :ttalk  :tdance 

More pictures  

post-105-0-63250100-1382967466_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tampa Doll
  • Like 2

Another beautiful tote Mary Jo!!!

I am thankful to able to read all these great posts (I know there will be a lot here)

I am also thankful for my family and friends here and around me.

I am thankfully for everything in my life. There is nothing that I don't give thanks for. I am very thankfully that I wake up every morning and get to live another day. That tote is beautiful.

Love the colors on this one too.  I am thankful for my wonderful friends and family, and that I have my health too, but most of all I am thankful that DH is in my life - He is the best!!!

• Like 1

:rose Very nice. I am thankful for my home my family and friends and all the good things in my life.. I am also thankful I am able to crochet and meet other great crocheters and  great designers online.

Edited by sarisue
  • Like 1

another lovely bag

ah yes,servicemen and a thanksgiving meal.we have entertained many of Bill's shipmates when we were in Newport RI

ours was more like every week end they were in port,good thing I learned quick to make food enough to feed a small army of hungry guys

oh those were good times,one guy used to leave his bottle of Ripple chilling in the fridge

• Like 1

Beautiful tote - yet again!!

I'm thankful for my family, furples, and friends (in RL as well as here!)

• Like 1

Love, love, love this tote!!!! love neutrals/earthtones

I am thankful too,  for my  hubby, family, friends, a home and (fairly) good health, and all my yarn and hooks!!!

• Like 1

Yet another beautiful bag. I love the colors to. I am thankful for my family, my friends here and in real life and my health. We use to have to go over a bridge to get to grandma and grandpa's house to. Many memories of all the family dinners and get togethers we had there.

• Like 1

A beautiful bag, love the name too.

I am thankful for so many things, most important family and friends.

• Like 1

Growing up in North Jersey, we would 'go over the river and through the woods" to my Grandma's house in Westchester County- and we would ALWAYS sing that song on the way there. Great memories!! I'm so thankful for my wonderful family, friends, and health. 

Gorgeous tote!!!

• Like 1

Mary Jo, that's beautiful!  You just keep making them prettier!!

Now, what am I thankful for?  So many things!  My husband, who puts up with me at my worst, our soldiers, who are giving all they have for our freedom, and for you, Mary Jo, who keeps making these gorgeous tote bags and other things for people!  God bless you all!

• Like 1

Growing up in North Jersey, we would 'go over the river and through the woods" to my Grandma's house in Westchester County- and we would ALWAYS sing that song on the way there. Great memories!! I'm so thankful for my wonderful family, friends, and health. 

Gorgeous tote!!!

That reminds me of a Christmas, long ago, when my brother and his family walked in the door at Mom's house, and their little boy was singing "...over the river and through the woods--to Grandmother's house we came..."  My mom lived on DuBois Street ("du bois" is French for "the woods"), and they had just traveled from Illinois to Indiana, and crossed the Wabash River.  Of course, he didn't understand how very appropriate that song was!  But we did!  A memory that will live forever!  

• Like 2

Beautiful bag, very sophisticated looking!

I love this time of year, it reminds me of happy times of my younger days and gatherings with family members no longer with us.

• Like 1

THis is a beautiful tote! This year i am finding it hard to enjoy the Holidays...my daughter is away at advanced training in the Army and it is the first time she has not been home for the Holidays. I am thankful that she made it through Basic training and is moving along to her goal of being a combat medic but i miss her! I am thankful that she should be able to come home for CHristmas, thankful that i still have my baby boy at home...for one more year, and thankful that my mom is still willing to host us at Thanksgiving otherwise we would just sit around like every other day.

That is one beautiful bag . I love browns. I am thankful for my family, friends, freedom. For the service men who fight for us.

My son when he was about 8 or so sand that song to. Wow such memories.

Thanks for sharing.