DesertCrocheter

Stocking Stuffer Swap--Stuffing Our Stockings

I got my stocking done this weekend and spent .30  got something out of the clearance isle.. so I still have 9.70 ;)

Smokeyp81-I had lots of time on my hands last weekend, it's hunting season here and my husband is out all day long. Plus, I had a pattern in mind for a long time that I wanted to make. Used stash yarn so I have spent $0 so far!

Did your husband get anything? You are lucky you had some alone time. I've been so busy, that I

have been too tired to accomplish as much as I have wanted to during my nights, but I have a few things started for Becky.:)

Unlike Kidge, I didn't find any great bargains when I shopped on Friday. It's the first time in a while that I left Joanne's empty handed.:(. That happens sometimes, but I did retrieve a few freebies that I think Becky will like as we have a local book drop that has free movies, CDs, books and more for the taking. Often, we find some great items and we also contribute to it as well.

30 cents? :lol  Now that's some big spending! :lol   It was homecoming weekend here in Tucson, so the stores were empty. I ran to JoAnn's because my sister wants an Aspen Infinity cowl from the latest Interweave Crochet and I needed two more skeins of Patons bamboo silk for it, and I had some coupons for the holiday weekend. Bonus was the yarn wasn't on sale, so I was able to get 50% of one, 40% off the other, and then 25% off the total sale. Woo hoo! I love it when things come together like that.

Sad news--it was 10 degrees above normal yesterday and will be like that through Wednesday, so it doesn't feel like two weeks before Thanksgiving at all.

• Like 1

Hi everyone!  Just checking in....my shopping trip on Wednesday was pretty successful!  I have a lot accomplished!  I am close to the $ limit....I still need to stash shop!  I may be able to get my package out by the end of next week or first part of Thanksgiving week!

I'm sorry, Mockinjay, but yes, it's too late to sign up. You can see the swap deadlines in the first post, which lists the day sign-ups closed. We had a 7- or 10-day 'open enrollment' period, and then we started. There was also a reminder in the calendar on the first page of the website (right-hand side) that sign-ups were open during that time period. The good news is, we are working on the swaps for next year, and of course, the Stocking Stuffer will return, so make sure you make a note in your calendar in November to keep your eye open for the sign-up period.

I heard my first Christmas carol on the radio already. Too soon, too soon! :P

I am in good shape with BeckB's stocking. I also have fillers.:). From now until after Thanksgiving, is very hectic for me so I will have to take a break until after Thanksgiving. Then I should be able to get her stocking out to her.:)

We have fall weather!  We had a winter storm blow in over the weekend (it's hitting the northeast now), which dumped more than 2 inches of rain. it was 41 degrees last night. Hooray!  Now, I feel like cooking a turkey, and have worn a shawl, and am eating soup for lunch. Which means I'm willing to finally 'see' the holiday decorations all around me now. :lol  I haven't started any Thanksgiving preparation yet, but I may make my pumpkin pie tonight or tomorrow night. Dang, I forgot to take the turkey out of the freezer this morning before I left for work. Oh well, hopefully tonight and tomorrow will be time enough to defrost it.

Yeah, we're getting the storm you have mentioned, Desertcrocheter. It actually started as flurries yesterday and it's really rainy and windy. I hope your turkey thaws, and I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you who celebrate it!:)

Hope everyone has recovered from the American holiday (I'm still working through my leftovers).

One more week till the mailing deadline! How's everyone doing?

Hi everyone!  My package is ready to be mailed!  I'm not sure if I'll get it out today, but by Thursday at the latest!  Kidge, will let you know when it goes!

Thank you so much Teresa for the patterns from Ravelry, I can't wait to make them!!!!

My partner sent me 2 patterns I have had on my wish list

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/red-the-airplane

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/hooded-cowl-with-buttons

I have almost everything ready, stocking is done, $10 spent, stash was raided (lol) items wrapped [need some ribbon ;) ]

need a box to put it all in and then send it on it's way (hopefully by tomorrow, hubby's going to look for a box for me at work and I'll grab a flat rate box too at the po today, to see if it will fit in one),,,,  Soooo excited!!!!    =)

Perfect timing! Today is St. Nicholas' Day, which is when, traditionally, present were given in parts of Europe. Can't wait to see the stockings!

We got snow on friday, and I don't like to drive in it, so had hubby take to me to the PO today and got #1Crochetfan's package out this morning,  hope she likes all her goodies too ;)

Hope everyone got their package out by today, as this is the mailing deadline for the Stocking Stuffer swap. And don't forget to check out the swaps for January, as their sign-up for those swaps will go live in a week or so!

post-28494-0-85402500-1386610255_thumb.jpg

I shared this picture with #1Crochetfan, just had to share with the rest of you. My kitten, Purcy, was obsessed with the box I was packing up for her, jumping in it, chewing on the tissue, I folded the top up and then he was reaching in it and chewing on the corners of the box, what a little stinker.

• Like 1

Too cute!  Purcy wants to know what Santa is bringing him. Has he been a good boy this year? Maybe his human can crochet him a nice, thick, cushy mat to sleep on? And remember, the Pet Swap is next year!

my package is in the UPS truck but I didn't get my tracking number ... I will have it first thing tomorrow morning ;)

I got home to a wonderful gift box... Heather did an amazing job with her 10.00.. I didn't do as well I am afraid but definitely hope she love everything .. I will post pictures tomorrow when my phone is charge..

Oh there will be a piece of chocolate missing (I already ate it) ...

• Like 1

I'm sure I'll love everything you send Kidge!  I'm glad you liked your package....I did a lot of stash shopping.  Mostly just bought the candy!