Holleah Schiller

Hello hello

My name is Holleah (pronounced like holly). I am married with two children and we have one on the way that will make his/her appearance into this world in December. I work full time as a customer support rep and I am attending art school to get a degree in animation, in addition to taking care of my family. I lead such a busy life that I have had to cut back on my hobbies. I figured crocheting is much more fullfilling than playing video games and it is something that I can pass onto my children.  

I have been crocheting on and off for about 8 or 9 years, more frequently of late. I learned from my mother-in-law how to chain and single crochet, but it was difficult because she was right handed and I am a lefty. So I went and bought a teach yourself book that had lefty instructions in it. Then once I learned the basic stitches I learned how to read patterns.

I just finished making a round baby blanket for my little one that will be here soon. It is very pretty with interlocking hearts. For a while I was making small cell phone purses with a strap and button flap, but it got frustrating because the new phones coming out kept changing size, so I gave up on that. I did create my own, hopefully unique granny square scarf.

Even though I am attending school for animation, lately I have been thinking that opening my own yarn store would be fun, but where would I even begin, lol. I have no knowledge about starting a business.

Feel free to ask me questions. =)

Holleah

Hi :hi and Welcome :welcome   to Crochetville from the West Coast of Florida

• Like 1

Howdy from Oklahoma

Welcome to Crochetville

• Like 1

Hello from south Florida! :waving 

• Like 1