How many projects at one time

Hi Pineknott,

I finally got the squares that you sent me today. They are beautiful! I love the colors that you chose. This makes 8 for me. Now question: What color do I go around my squares with? I was thinking today about a cream or eggshell.

Hi to everybody else! It is turning fall weather here. Glad to see that.Was cloudy here today, but no rain. We don't need it anyway because of the loads of rain that we got this year earlier. Has anybody started their Christmas knitting? I haven't and I have waited too long this year I think. I have seven people and three dogs to knit for.

I'm never happy with just one WIP. I just finished a afghan for Christmas and started another last night. Also in the works; 2 hacky sacks, a ruffle scarf and Tunisian scarf, a potholder, and a doily. The small projects keep me from getting bored with the afghan and I work on them when going to and from town since we have a ways to drive. in between my crochet, embroidering pillowcases and making jewelry. I do love keeping busy! LOL 

I work on only one project at a time. I divide it into stages like say I am crocheting a granny afghan. The first stage is to make all the squares after deciding what colors to use and what order to put them in. The second stage is to crochet or sew the squares together. I sew two squares together with right sides facing, then I sew two more together and so on until I finish the row.  Then I take the two square pieces and sew two of those together right sides facing and continue until done. Now I have granny stripe that are four squares long. Then I take one two granny square strip and sew it to the four granny square strip and the rows are done. After this comes the last stage. I  decide on a crocheted border and I take the six granny square strips and sew two of them together, right sides facing. I do this until all strips are sewn together. Then I weave in my ends and after this, I crochet my border and hide the ends of it. Then I am done. 

Archived