October Charity Get-Together: 10/17-1022

busy-bee-lmt

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My totals:

3 Baby blankie/ sweater/ hat sets

3 hats

to finish with the pics of the blankie sets I have the "ice cream" hat and another

style blankie.  I am torn about adding a border to this last blankie.  I like the simple look but I really like the border look as well  :sigh

post-4896-0-05670500-1382541800_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-22358900-1382541801_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-43139100-1382541802_thumb.jpg

Oh, and the doll I used in the pic is about the size of the average newborn.

Cindy, I will try that too.

Darski, I love your stuff as always!  If I decide to try that blanket and get stuck where the instructions run out, I will know who to ask!

And Krazy, what do you do with your squares?

Cindy, I will try that too.

Darski, I love your stuff as always!  If I decide to try that blanket and get stuck where the instructions run out, I will know who to ask!

And Krazy, what do you do with your squares?

I send them to http://fromewetoyou.m.webs.com/site/classic?url=http://fromewetoyou.webs.com/index.htm&back=http%3A%2F%2Ffromewetoyou.m.webs.com%2Fsite%2Fmobile%3Furl%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Ffromewetoyou.webs.com%2Findex.htm

Darski,   If I decide to try that blanket and get stuck where the instructions run out, I will know who to ask!

I'll be happy to help out with it.  It is now a fave of ine.

I haven't read these posts before, but was intrigued by the idea!  I teach a crochet class at our local Senior Center, and we crochet and knit exclusively for charity.  So I can "brag" some on my "girls", can't I?  In the last 6 days we have turned in 3 prayer shawls to our local Prayer Shawl ministry, 20 baby and children's hats for Shriners' Hospital in St. Louis, and made 7  lap-sized afghans for a Veterans' Hospital in Marion, IL.  I'm very proud of my "girls", who range from 24 years old to 92!!

I actually got more done than I thought I would - more crocheting, less housework, but that's ok with me. The really essential things got done. I had to regroup on the pattern a bit so there was a little frogging but not much. The gold center and the rest purple was just too much dark purple, so I added a row of gold in the middle. I was afraid I wouldn't have enough of the gold, but I'm pretty sure I'll just make it.

On these ten round squares, I have 8 rounds done on 8 of them, 7 rounds on the other four. The eighth round is the gold one and I'm not quite finished with that.

I'm sorry I didn't get a picture, but I've set it aside to finish next month, and I'll post a pic when it's done.

Progress on a lapghan

Avon Lady - yours posted while I was writing my post. That's great! More is always better when it's for a good cause.

And congrats to the rest of you too. We've accomplished a lot this month.  :yes

I haven't read these posts before, but was intrigued by the idea!  I teach a crochet class at our local Senior Center, and we crochet and knit exclusively for charity.  So I can "brag" some on my "girls", can't I?  In the last 6 days we have turned in 3 prayer shawls to our local Prayer Shawl ministry, 20 baby and children's hats for Shriners' Hospital in St. Louis, and made 7  lap-sized afghans for a Veterans' Hospital in Marion, IL.  I'm very proud of my "girls", who range from 24 years old to 92!!

So, any chance we could sign them up to the "Ville and get them into this event each month :? ... Or you could sign in and post their efforts.  I think that would be acceptable and they could be part of this charity blast every month as well.

I did decide to put a simple border on the last blankie... I really like this simple look :manyheart

post-4896-0-35270100-1382722355_thumb.jpg

This pattern is so neat and so quick... even larger it would take no more than 2 or 3 days.  Just WoW :eek

You ladies are awesome!  And, of course, we'll add you and your ladies in on the CAL!  You did wonderfully!

I'll aim to get the grand total up on Sunday.

I did:  One Preemie afghan with matching hat & 1/2 of a prayer shawl.

Darski, I love that border too. I'll remember it!

I've been looking for a pattern like that and I must be turning up weird ones because they come out with holes way too big. Is there a chain between your 3 dc groups? How many chains are in the chain the dcs are crocheted into? Is that a sc or a slip stitch between connecting the chain between the stitch groups? I really like how yours turned out.

Darski, I love that border too. I'll remember it!

I've been looking for a pattern like that and I must be turning up weird ones because they come out with holes way too big. Is there a chain between your 3 dc groups? How many chains are in the chain the dcs are crocheted into? Is that a sc or a slip stitch between connecting the chain between the stitch groups? I really like how yours turned out.

the pattern works on 3's at all turns.  There are 3chains between ea sc and 3dc into ea ch 3 space.  the foundation row is a multiple of 3 + 2. (dc into 4th ch from hook.  i do find the holes larger than I would usually like for babies but it looks ok when completed.

• 4 weeks later...

I apologize for this taking so long, but I got flattened more or less by a cold.

Totals for October Charity CAL:

4 hats

6 - six inch squares

10 mini Christmas Stockings

3 sets of Baby Blanket, sweater, & hat

4 Granny Squares

3 1/2 prayer shawls

20 Baby & Children's hats

7 Lapghans

8 of 10 rounds on 8 squares

7 of 10 rounds on 4 squares

Progress on a lapghan