where can i buy super saver yarn or equivalent in the UK

Natalie Walker

Hi, i'm quite new to crochet and i recently brought a pattern book for farm animals, In the yarn section it said to use super saver yarn, but i can only find it one u.s websites. Is it worth shipping it or is there a yarn in the UK that would work just as well. I'm making them for Christmas presents so really need to get started.

welcome to the ville :hook

Red Heart Super Saver is a heavy worsted acrylic yarn.  it is one of the most inexpensive yarns available inthe US, and it is more or less indestructible.  I think you can safely substitute any Aran weight yarn for Super Saver.  And the yarn would not have to be 100% acrylic, an acrylic-wool blend would be fine, and I think 100% wool would work as well.  I think just look for Aran weight  yarn in the colors you want and you will get good results.  Be sure to use a hook that will give you a pretty tight gauge so the stuffing doesnt show through...but not so tight you can't get the hook into the stitch!  

Planet June has some good info on making stuffed animals (also called amigurumi) http://www.planetjune.com/blog/tutorials/crochet-tutorials/

You might check with www.shopredheart.com

They might be able to tell you where to purchase, or do a search with the UK as search area.

That should bring your some helpful information.

Good luck with your search.

Hi there!

I'm in the UK too.

Any Aran weight yarn works instead of Super Saver although Deramores have started selling Red Heart yarn for their EU market. They have Aran and DK weight Red Heart yarn. Failing that, Stylecraft Aran is always a good choice. :)

• 5 weeks later...

Archived