auntbubbels

2013 Scarf/Cowl Swap - completed

45 posts in this topic

Waiting for the yarn loveliness to arrive :) Can't wait to get started.

Finished my cowl (I love it; I hope Mom4x does) but looking for goodies is on hold because some pathetic loser stole my debit card number and charged $350 worth of photo and movie software. The bum! So I have not been buying anything as I wait for my new debit card to arrive, trying to stretch out the $35 or so I had in my wallet. I just can't seem to get to the bank during working hours to get some money out at a teller.

And this was the weekend of the Columbus Day yarn sale at Jo Ann's. Sigh.

Finished my cowl (I love it; I hope Mom4x does) but looking for goodies is on hold because some pathetic loser stole my debit card number and charged $350 worth of photo and movie software. The bum! So I have not been buying anything as I wait for my new debit card to arrive, trying to stretch out the $35 or so I had in my wallet. I just can't seem to get to the bank during working hours to get some money out at a teller.

Oh no! Thats terrible! There are some horrible people in this World. :(

I've mostly finished my cowl for idagammy but I'm having to wait for another skien of yarn to arrive. One of the ones I was sent was unravelled. Not the skien but the actual yarn! It was just a big mess of fluff inside! So, I'm waiting for a replacement. :)

Oh wow...can't believe the things people do.  SO sorry your card number was stolen, hope your bank has the fraud protection.  

Can't wait to see the cowl... yours is on the hooks.  I really like the way its turning out so far, just hope I like the finished product....lol.... 

Oh yea, the bank credited my account as soon as I called them, which was just a few days after the purchase had been made. They were great. I'm not responsible for any of it.

I really like how your item came out. I'd not used this particular yarn before and it was so soft and smooth, I love it.

...And, my package is in the mail! Mom4x, starting stalking your mailbox Tuesday, when delivery is expected. I can't wait to hear if you like it as much as I do.

Patty

Edited by DesertCrocheter

My package is all ready to go! Although, it will have to wait until the 23rd as its payday. :) I really hope you like what I have made for you.

I received my package.... :cheer :cheer   I LOVE it all... thanks so much Desertcrocheter its perfect.  I will get pics up later tonight, just wanted to drop in to let you know it made it and its awesome.  With our current weather it will be used asap, I have been so cold. :ty

Ooops... just realised I hadn't post in here yet. Idagammy, you parcel went out yesterday. :)

PICS FINALLY...  Thanks again Patty for the beautiful cowl and thoughful goodies.  I really love it all. 

post-5794-0-23743900-1382958736_thumb.jpg

post-5794-0-94177000-1382958747_thumb.jpg

Wow, your cowl is gorgeous and the yarn looks delicious - enjoy

Look at these two (two! Lucky spoiled me!) fabulous cowls that Mom4x sent me. This beautiful red one with a little sparkly in it matches my shiny red winter coat perfectly, and the Solomon's knot one is perfect for our mild winter. I love them both, and can't wait to wear one. It might be a while, though, since it was 91 on Saturday :(. She also sent me a knitting magazine, and a skein of the yarn she used for the red cowl (I love CSS and haven't seen this Party line), and a skin of silvery Spangle, which I must turn into something for New Year's.

Thanks, Mom4x! I love them both and my new yarn to play with.

post-186-0-43652800-1382983703_thumb.jpg

post-186-0-65725200-1382983737_thumb.jpg

post-186-0-03354400-1382983753_thumb.jpg

Edited by DesertCrocheter

Thank you idagammy for my lovely brown scarf. I love the yarn with the little bits of colour in it. Its going to go really well with my winter coat.

Also thank you for the brown square for my choc-themed friendship ghan. :):hug

I'm hoping your package turns up today. :)

You are welcome Skoggy. I have a notice from the post office that they have a package for me. Hope to get it picked up tomorrow.

Thank you Skoggy for the beautiful gold cowl, the handmade stitch markers & other goodies! I'll try posting a pic later.

I'm so glad you liked your package. Thanks for being my partner. :hug

What a great swap - you ladies were fabulous - enjoy your new scarves/cowls