Just like Chenille?

Tampa Doll

Is there a yarn that looks like chenille or as rich as chenille? 

I am going to make an angel for a friend for Christmas and the pattern calles for chenille, 400 yards.  As this is overly expensive, I would like to find something just as rich looking, but not as expensive. 

Also along with maroon, or dark green, or dark blue or white, would purple look good?

I have sometime, before I have to start this.

I did a search for chenille just to see what you were looking to replace and found this. 

http://www.herrschners.com/product/Herrschners+Chenille+Yarn.aspx

Seems like Hobby Lobby used to have something similiar texture wise but seems like it was in pastels.  Don't know what they have now and it seems like most of their novelty yarn has increased in price quite a bit over the past couple of years. 

There was a post in the "seeking" section about a baby blanket that was a type of chenille.  The one suggested was a Bernat baby yarn.  I looked it up and they had a pretty white and vanilla color(not exactly sure what you were looking for) and quite a few varigated colors.  I found them on yarnspirations on sale for 2.99/skein.  The skeins are only 84 yards though so higher than the herrschners even(if I figured it correctly)  Good luck and hope you find what you need.

are you planning on working it with reg yarn, or are you talking about a thread that is chenile, as you can see, I know nothing about threads, lol, If you are wanting to use reg chenile, I might have some, and would go looking, what colors are you interested in please.....

They have it in maroon and dark green and white with gold wings and stuff.  I am going to post a picture of it tomorrow, and it is not thread,

I have purple and I was wondering if that would be good enough, but I am not sure I even have enough.  I will put all the info in tomorrow along with a picture of the angel.

I was finally able to get this scanned in.

I want to make one of these 2 angels, there are 5 patterns and they all use the same amount of yarn.  So what I am looking for is something that will make this look as rich as if I used chenille.

I have also scanned in the materials list for one of the angels, but they all use the same amount of chenille.

Colors they used are Burgundy, white, blue and dark green.

post-105-0-43768500-1379861840_thumb.jpg

post-105-0-25972600-1379861852_thumb.jpg

ok, so, as i understand it, you don't want to use chenile, but soemthing like it, right...Plush yarn, or amoure is good, plush i think is discontinued, but either of those are kind of soft and fuzzy and come or came in rich colors..If you want four ply chenile, in those colors, I may be able to find some in my stash somewhere, do you want me to look for them,or are you checking out other possible substitutions.

It is a finer yarn than the ww.  The 0 hooks is not large enough for the ww.  The doll is an air-freshner doll.  The Honeysuckle is about a sports weight or smaller yarn.

Why O why did Peaches and Cream have to go out of business.

Thank you all for the help anyway,

I just heard from someone who worked for P&C they said it was listed as DK.

Archived