nicolep

Harvest/Winter Yarn Swap - Shoppin' & Swappin'!

Kathy, I've got it ready to go; it's hitting the mailbox today, I will instant message the confirmation number.  Hope you enjoy it :)

Your package got mailed today too.  I'm sure I will like what you send!  And i really hope you will like yours too!  :yarn :yarn

Nice looking package, Kidge!

Steph/Kidge, are those sttich markers or earrings in the little ziplock?

Stitch markers. I taught one of daughters how to make them & she always comes up with very pretty bead/trinket combos.

They were "stitch markers" but my daughter stole them and is wearing them as earrings this weekend... LOL

I love everything even had a kiss for breakfast.

• Like 1

They were "stitch markers" but my daughter stole them and is wearing them as earrings this weekend... LOL

I love everything even had a kiss for breakfast.

I told Katie (my daughter) about your DD "stealing" your stitch markers & wearing them as earrings. She busted out laughing!

Hope you get them back so that you can use them on your next project.

• Like 1

Hello all,

I received the most beautiful swap package from Kathy yesteday! I love everything I received and I know she put a lot of thought into what she sent. I received 7 skeins of superwash wool, in various hues of color and weights, that are in colors that I am going "wow" over. I also received a kit that includes a beautiful hank of alpaca from Hillcreek Yarn Shoppe along with a pattern for a knitted shawl, that's easy enough for me to do! :)

In the box of goodies was also 3 handmade beauties that included a crocheted acorn with a removeable top; the top had a tag that said, "open me" and when I did, there was a tape measure with the words crochet happy written on the front. The other crocheted item was a muliticolored ornament that I will put on my miniature Christmas tree when we put it up. She also knitted me a burgandy dishcloth that I will be using promptly. I also received a beautiful post card from Missouri.

Loved it all and thanks for being an awesome partner!post-394-0-71977600-1384097458_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality of the picture; first time I've ever taken a picture on my Ipad :(

Edited by Karen C.

Hello all,

I received the most beautiful swap package from Kathy yesteday! I love everything I received and I know she put a lot of thought into what she sent. I received 7 skeins of superwash wool, in various hues of color and weights, that are in colors that I am going "wow" over. I also received a kit that includes a beautiful hank of alpaca from Hillcreek Yarn Shoppe along with a pattern for a knitted shawl, that's easy enough for me to do! :)

In the box of goodies was also 3 handmade beauties that included a crocheted acorn with a removeable top; the top had a tag that said, "open me" and when I did, there was a tape measure with the words crochet happy written on the front. The other crocheted item was a muliticolored ornament that I will put on my miniature Christmas tree when we put it up. She also knitted me a burgandy dishcloth that I will be using promptly. I also received a beautiful post card from Missouri.

Loved it all and thanks for being an awesome partner!attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality of the picture; first time I've ever taken a picture on my Ipad :(

:yay Yay, i am amazed it got there so quickly!  the p.o. said it might arrive on Sat but I didn't see how that was possible.

I am so glad you like everything!  am glad the baby skeins survived intact, I was afraid i hadn't twisted them tight enough.  Those are all yarns I have either used for FOs and like a lot, or have started experimenting with but nothing finished yet.  And the alpaca, mmmm I just fell in love with the colors, so happy you like it too!  I thought the shawl pattern looked a bit daunting so I am glad you are able to tackle it lol :knit

I'm so happy that you like everything    :hug

I saw your email too, and typed out a quick reply there, but my email suddenly went offline for some reason right before I could send it; just wanted to let you know i saw the email too 

Edited by magiccrochetfan

I posted earlier, but i must have hit a wrong button, cause my post is not here now.

My package arrived today, thank you Karen!! I love it all. Will post photos tomorrow when i have daylight.

I posted earlier, but i must have hit a wrong button, cause my post is not here now.

My package arrived today, thank you Karen!! I love it all. Will post photos tomorrow when i have daylight.

Glad you liked it, hope you can crochet away on the clothes for the AG dolls.  I love Knitpicks yarns, hope you like them as well.  Happy Holidays!

Edited by Karen C.

(Well, good grief, here is the post I wrote last night!  i apparently did not hit post at all!  maybe someday I will learn to use the forum) lol   :rolleyes 

My package arrived today, thank you Karen!

I will have to wait til tomorrow to get a photo when I have some light.

I received pretty handmade sttich markers; Knit Picks yarn in pink, scarlet, lavender, and deep purple; Lion mohair blend in ivory; and Patons Grace in a dark taupe (my husband says it is between chocolate brown and Dusk Pearl, which was a paint color for the 1950s Chevys lol).  I think I see some bright and beautiful doll clothes in the future, maybe some warm fuzzy hats for girls and dolls, and hmmmm maybe a mesh tote bag for me!  

Thank you Karen, I love all the yarn and the st markers.  And the pretty card!  

Will post a photo asap tomorrow.  

Photos of the yarn Karen sent me.  Pretty colors for wintry doll clothes!  and the handmade sttich markers...  I put them on the yarn so you can see them.   and a closeup of a st marker, it has a charm that is a tiny ice cream soda!  And the pretty card, my favorite color, with a seahorse.  Thank you so much Karen!  I really enjoyed the swap!  

Happy winter, everybody!  :hook

post-10356-0-13466400-1384374602_thumb.jpg

post-10356-0-32725900-1384374834_thumb.jpg