Thank you for those who cared - Comfortghan request - friend dying of brain cancer

dr-mom

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pamela, i sent you 4 squares in christmas colors today, you should have them soon, i sent them priority so that you can start getting the ghan together. so sorry that your friend passed before you could finish it, but maybe it will bringsome comfort to his wife and kids, thought i would let ya know they are on the way.:hug :hug :hug

Pamela (Dr. mom :)

I'm so sorry to hear that your dear friend passed away. I haven't been on the bulletin boards very often as work has picked up quick steadily of late. Between traveling and working - ugh..

Please let your friends family know that we are thinking of them up here in the great white north - where it snowed 4 inches today.

Today squares were received from

TAandi - quirkyvirgo

Sondra - 123 mama

Best Wishes from Arizona

dixieredhead's daugher - age 12

dixie red head

Dawn

from New York

Shelby - Ohio

Thank you one and all - my friends son would like to write you a note so it will follow below - Pamela

My father was a very special man - he married my mom 30 plus years ago and she came with some baggage namely three teen age sons who had lived through abuse from our biological father - he gave us unconditional love and consiered us his own. He and my mom went on to adopte seven children with profound special needs - it just tells you what kind of people they are -

Pamela came and stayed with my mom during these really tough times - and with her backgrund with her own adopted special needs kids my mom new that everything would be handled and compassionately - when company would come she set in the back and worked on the afghan that each of you contributed - and people would ash and she would be able to tell them - this one is from a friend in New York, this one is from Arizona, and so on - do you know what that meant to all of us to know that thre were people out there who cared about us and my dad even though you had nevermet him - I can not thank you enough - Pamela said that it would probably be done this weekend and I promised to take a picture - I will do my very best - I can not tell you what joy you have each brought us at such a sad time - Danny

pamela, thank you so much for sharing that , i am honored to have helped make the squares. i know it does not seem like much to people but as you know and i also have found., its the little things that add up, andit can become a great thing. thanks and please give danny a:hug :hug from me:hug :hug

Archived