September Charity Get Together: 9/19 - 9/24

busy-bee-lmt

Opinions please...

I'm wondering if this baby set needs sleeves :?  It is WW yarn so it would be warm which would imply sleeves would go but I like the look sleeveless. :think

post-4896-0-83290900-1379958759_thumb.jpg

This hat is ... questionable.  it might work on a hip young lady

any comments?

post-4896-0-09279700-1379958761_thumb.jpg

I have to finish a sleeve on a second baby set to finish it and I'm hoping to finish another sweater by tomorrow... could be tense :eek

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bailey, that baby doll is absolutely precious!

Darski, I love it just the way it is.  Adorable!

I'm going to be starting in on the crib quilt in a few minutes.  Wanted to say "Hi!" first.

Opinions please...

I'm wondering if this baby set needs sleeves :?  It is WW yarn so it would be warm which would imply sleeves would go but I like the look sleeveless. :think

attachicon.gifseblast01.jpg

This hat is ... questionable.  it might work on a hip young lady

any comments?

attachicon.gifseblast02.jpg

I have to finish a sleeve on a second baby set to finish it and I'm hoping to finish another sweater by tomorrow... could be tense :eek

The baby sweater looks wonderful with the little cap sleeves. I like it just as it is now. The hat is cool looking and I love the pointed corners at the ears. I think a young person will really like your cool hat. You didn't know you were a hip hat maker, did you?  :lol

that pink scarf that took me what seemed like forever, to finish is now complete

Hooray!!   :clap    :clap    :clap

I finally got the doll diaper bag pictures up and posted on my blog.

Baby Doll Diaper Bags

Those are adorable!   :clap    :clap    :clap

Will be doing more work on the crib quilt tonight.

1 Baby Doll Dress w/booties

2 Doll Diaper Bags

2 Doll Wipes/Holders

2. Doll Changing Pads

2 Doll Bottles

1 Doll Blanket

Wonderful list of accomplishments. All those doll things are such nice things for charity. What charity do you give them to?

Wonderful list of accomplishments. All those doll things are such nice things for charity. What charity do you give them to?

I mentioned before our local tech high school runs a Christmas Toy Donation where they work with local social service groups and charities to provide for local families.  I love the program because it not only provides toys to kids who need something for Christmas, but it teaches the business students at the tech high school about running a charity drive.  They have to figure out budgets, find local sponsers, work with local charitable and government agencies, organize the donations, etc.  It is quite the project and the students learn a great deal from the project.

My Mom always sends me some dresses for the 18" dolls every year and even though she lives out of state, they always ask for her address and send her a thank you note for her donations.  It makes her feel so good.

Wow, everyone's done a lot this month! I wasn't feeling well Monday or Tuesday, but managed to get the second lapghan finished Wednesday morning. This afternoon on the way in to work I dropped off 6 lapghans for the homeless families charity. They seemed pleased to get them and I'm happy to have all that space back. 

My total for this month: 

2 LAPGHAN WIPs COMPLETED

Here's the seashells. I do like how the wide border turned out, but it needed to be a couple of shell rows shorter. It's long and skinny. Maybe they will find a long skinny person to give it to.  :lol  It's 35.5 x 52". This time I was organized enough to make notes so I'll know how to size it next time. It's not really a favorite pattern, but it definitely works up fast. Lots of holes! It looks blue and tans. The tans are ok, though rather lighter than that, but the blues are really a blue gray green, a mid sort of bluish green, and a light green with a slight bluish cast. I like the way the colors worked out. The hard one to use is the bluest one, and fortunately, I used up almost all of it. Just a little left for scrappy projects at the end.

post-39480-0-83610600-1380232098_thumb.jpg

Wow, everyone has been so busy this month.   You are all so amazing. 

I love the hip hat, the lapghans and the whole "learn and give at the same time" concept.  

I flopped this month. I am currently trying to do the work of two people (literally) - I am even running between two offices, up and down the hall.  I hope we get someone hired before I fall over. 

But I did get one cat mat done.  The ends are not weaved in but as it is all I have to show for myself this month, I needed the boost of posting the picture anyway!

post-13802-0-99177000-1380249643_thumb.jpg

So I only finished 1 Cat Mat

Hey, Denise, with everything that you are doing at work, it's amazing that you got anything at all done for the CAL. The cat mat is great!  I'm sure that some kitty is going to love it.

Congrats everyone on all the wonderful accomplishments this month.   :clap   Every completed project is so important. Please don't feel that you didn't do enough. One project completed is going to make someone or some pet very happy indeed. :manyheart

Archived