jimbo

INTERNATIONAL CROCHET DAY IS NEAR (SEPT. 12) AND TO CELEBRATE..

I'M GIVING AWAY A JIMBO HOOK, HANDMADE BY ME (JIMBO) FROM WOOD SALVAGED FROM THE OKLAHOMA TORNADO AND DONATED BY OUR VERY TALENTED APRIL GARWOOD. PLEASE GO TO MY BLOG AND ENTER THERE. ONE ENTRY PER PERSON PLEASE.

THANKS, AND HAPPY INTERNATIONAL CROCHET DAY!!! WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING TO PROMOTE THE GENTLE ART OF CROCHET ON SEPT. 12??

JIMBO

post-3105-0-34934100-1378497376_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks, Shuttlebuggy! Only a few days left to ICD! Maybe THIS is the year Hallmark catches on and starts producing Happy International Crochet Day greeting cards!?

Its ICD eve.  Have you been a good little crochetier?    If you have, I've a prize for you.  Go take a look in my blog and enter to win.  Chances are better than ever because there are FAR less entries this year (mainly due to MY tardiness in promoting the contest), so do your stuff to promote the Day and come enter the contest.  Excellent odds for winning!

Jimbo

Wow what a creative person you are!!!! May I enter the contest? I expect to spend ICD with a pattern, some yarn, and some nasty old aluminum hook without character (absolutely none -- why,  there are gazillions of hooks just like mine in the stores!) In any case, have a great day!

Hi Jimbo!  Whoever wins will be so thrilled with their hook. :)   I'm not entering because I have won two of yours already!  I use the J for many things, but am currently using the H for hexagons.  Love them both! 

Thanks Mary... that's generous of you! You just increased the Chances to win to about 1.5 million better than the chances for winning the lottery. How's that for odds! And all's the lottery gives away is money. You can't crochet with money.

Beautiful hook, I entered with an email to you!  I just love wood hooks, they are easier on my hands.  I've used my chopstick hook quite abit.  

And Happy International Crochet Day to YOU, Avon Lady. That reminds me that my Mom used to swear by the avon "Skin Refresher". I wonder if they still sell it. We used to tease her that she'd put "Skin Refresher" on any ailment. heh

Oh yeah I entered you in the contest. Good luck and happy ICD!

International Crochet Day is HERE!! Did you hang your crocheted bootie from the mantle last night? Did you have dreams of amigurumi sugar plums? Did the Great Crochet Hook come down your chimbley? Did you leave out some milk and cookies and a skein or two?

How do you celebrate ICD? You blog about it, you post about it, you do whatever you like to promote the gentle and peaceful art of crochet.... and if you're Jimbo, you give away a hand made crochet hook. There's still time to win the hook by posting what you're doing on this auspicious day in my blog or by emailing me your entry (address is in the blog).

Contest ends tonight at 10pm Pacific Std. Time.

Happy International Crochet day everyone!!

Jimbo

It's now 8:13pm here (Pacific Std Time) so there's 13 minutes less than two hours left to enter the contest. Lots more entries but still good odds AND a few hours left to celebrate the day.....

And Happy International Crochet Day to YOU, Avon Lady. That reminds me that my Mom used to swear by the avon "Skin Refresher". I wonder if they still sell it. We used to tease her that she'd put "Skin Refresher" on any ailment. heh

Oh yeah I entered you in the contest. Good luck and happy ICD!

Yes!  They still sell the Skin Refresher!  And it's still the best!!