Zebra Crochet Blanket Pattern- Chart/Graph

PurpleKissCo

Hey everyone! Hope you are all enjoying your day! My time this Summer has been spent designing a Zebra Blanket for my daughter. I first made a crochet chart and then used the Tapestry Crochet technique. 

I love this blanket, it turned out perfect. I also designed a simple border for around the body. So many more neon colors await this blanket, and I want to complete one in black/white as well. 

This chart is listed in my Etsy Shop and it comes with 4 files. They are all high quality and the following are included: a full chart in .jpg and .bmp format, a quick tutorial page on how to read the chart, single crochet, and change colors. This is just a quick tutorial, suited for those who have completed one or two charts recently. The last page contains the border instructions for this afghan and it can easily be used for any blanket you choose. My favorite part of the border is the bold color on the outside with a feminine touch and small amount of texture. 

If you need help learning how to perform the Tapestry Crochet technique, I am always available via email: Shawna@PurpleKiss.Co

Attached to this post are pictures of this afghan. I used Caron Simply Soft for this item and it is just smaller than Twin Size. It is perfect for my toddler daughter to grow into for a long time. I am now making one in baby size with Lion Brand's Pound of Love with 3.75mm hook and it can also be made bigger by using a 6mm hook and Super Saver yarn. The possibilities are endless. 

Happy Hookin' everyone, I love seeing all of your projects here! :)

Zebra Blanket Crochet Chart Pattern

post-60811-0-99403700-1378147274_thumb.jpg

post-60811-0-11336600-1378147288_thumb.jpg

post-60811-0-36403300-1378147318_thumb.jpg

post-60811-0-86433900-1378147337_thumb.jpg

post-60811-0-87568100-1378147367_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I highy recommend to carry yarn for the following reasons:

1.) Your tension will be the same throughout project.

2.) You will have way too many ends to tuck in with this certain blanket. I only had ends to crochet over when changing to new skein. Stitches will not come out evenly if there are too many strands being crocheted over.

3.) This will give you room to work back on mistakes. If you missed a stitch in the color section 25 stitches ago, you will be able to undo your stitches, instead of them being finished off with each color change.

I hope this helps and thank you for the compliments! ♥

• 3 weeks later...

Love it! Any chance this could be made bigger? It would be great if could be made crib size up to king size. I'd buy the pattern for sure if they were in a bundle pack and for the price you currently have listed ($4.99) or maybe just a bit more.

Love it! Any chance this could be made bigger? It would be great if could be made crib size up to king size. I'd buy the pattern for sure if they were in a bundle pack and for the price you currently have listed ($4.99) or maybe just a bit more.

This blanket can easily be made bigger or smaller! To get the Twin Size pictured above, I used Caron Simply Soft yarn with a 5mm hook. To make it larger, you can use a 6mm hook with Super Saver. Also, there are border instructions included with this blanket that can easily be modified to make bigger. For example, Row 2 of the border can be repeated as many times you like to make it bigger! (In fact, I may add that specific tip into the pattern.)

To make this blanket smaller, I used a 3.75 mm hook with Lion Brand's Pound of Love yarn. I needed less than 1 skien per color (Bubblegum Pink & White), a total cost of $26 with shipping! I will attach pictures of the baby blanket with this response. The only difference with the baby blanket is I changed the chart to add the name and the border is slightly different. The baby blanket measures 30" by 36" and is tightly stitched which makes it very durable and high-quality!

I also have the custom name crochet charts available, upon request.

post-60811-0-20551900-1383417917_thumb.jpg

Archived