Sign in to follow this  
Tampa Doll

C’ville September 2013 Tote

September, what a month, it includes the first day of school, in the North, Labor Day and lots and lots of berries.

We use to go to my Aunt and Uncle’s house in Browns Mills, NJ at least one weekend in September to go berry picking.  We would get blueberries and blackberries and if we were lucky, we would find raspberries.  Then it was back to the house to have cereal with berries and my Mom would get the rest ready for pies.  Oh how I loved her berry pies, my Aunt would make the crust, but my Mom would prepare the berries and crumb topping.

The last holiday of the season is Labor Day.  In New Jersey, it meant an end to the summer season down the shore.  As a teenager, we would have to reserve our rooms early in the summer, to make sure we had one for that weekend.  As an adult it meant that a 15 minute trip from Philadelphia (where I worked) into an hour trip over the bridge, due to everyone going down the shore.

First day of school was exciting.  New cloths, new notebooks, paper and pencils, and Oh and lets not forget the ruler.  It was easy for us with school supplies, as long as you had, paper, pens, pencils and notebooks.  We did not have the elaborate list they have now.  I remember sometimes getting a notebook with a zipper, so our papers would not fall out.

So with all this in mind I am calling this tote Basket of Berries.  This tote is made with Sugar N Cream Americana, handles sides and outlines are Peaches N Cream Beige.  The pocket is Ecru, Blue and Burgundy all Aunt Lydia. 

I do hope you like tote #90, the more I look at it, the more I like it.

More Pictures

post-105-0-50940000-1377700497_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

A gorgeous tote and I love the colours MaryJo!

I've already been welcoming natures bounty. The path to the local store is lined with blackberry bushes so Felicia and I grab the odd one or two as we walk past. Nothing more amusing than a toddler with a blackberry juice smile. :D

It's so pretty!!!! Our kids here in the southwest have just started their 3rd week of school and Labor day is their first break from school. We always start school in mid August. September here in NM always means the start of green chile season!! Love going to the grocery store and see them roasting green chile outside. Smells so good!!!!

• Like 1

What an appropriate name - I remember covering my books with paper bags!!!  I am sure many of you remember that too

Berry Nice, I love the colors. You bring back so many  memories when living in N.J.

When we lived on a farm we had lots of berry patches around, and my mother made  the best pies.

She always felt she had to remind us we were to bring them home in the baskets

Another gorgeous creation Mary Jo!  I absolutely love seeing your color combinations every month, it's amazing how many there are and how each bag is so unique :manyheart  I always loved Labor Day and back to school....starting the new year, seeing all my friends, etc.

it reminds me of berries we used to pick while at the lake in NJ,the neighbor had a huge blueberry bush free for the picking

each bag I see each month is my favorite,well now that I have one of my very own its my  favorite,

you sure can get alot into that bag.

hopefully I'll be able to guess some clues.

So pretty! September was always weekends at camp....yup weekends in a tent in Maine. I loved it We always went berry picking and my Pepere made blueberry pancakes for the whole family for breakfast

OHHHH I have been waiting to see the new bag.  I LOVE IT. It is stunning. September is the month of our Persimmon festival and waiting for the first frost so the Persimmons start dropping from the trees. I have a tree in my back yard and a friend of mine has a tree she doesnt pick up the fruit from so I will be stealing hers this year. 

Oh My Gosh... How delicious that tote is!!!!!

Like everyone else... been waiting for this and now to wait for the clues.

AuntBubbles... yes, I remember using paper sacks for book covers.  Best thing in the world to use!!

I don't remember ever having to buy all the things that the kids need today for school.  Just your basic needs... pencils, paper and a notebook/binder.

Great tote Mary Jo.  :clap  :manyheart 

Berry beautiful ...as they all are..

I think I speak for all the tote recipients here when I say ---although they are all beautiful, none will have the same meaning as when you receive the surprise !!!

September meant traveling upstate NY to go apple picking at a beautiful family run farm that was around since the civil war. It then became a yearly tradition going to this same farm and picking apples ...bushels of apples. We shared with everyone we knew. The ride home was filled with the smell of fresh apples coming from the trunk. Just a few days ago i remembered this and realized the apples were always ready mid September,,,,,makes me want to travel to New York.

Thank you all.  I just bought some blueberries at the store.  February is Strawberries.  I can't get over the price of Blackberries. :eek 

The clues will take awhile, I am trying to find some that are not so easy.  You girls are getting to good at them. :devil 

• Like 1

The clues will take awhile, I am trying to find some that are not so easy.  You girls are getting to good at them. :devil 

waaaaaaahhh waaaaaaaah :cry  we gotta WAIT for clues...... but then we all know that someone will be on :c9   

this is a very pretty tote bag very nice colors beautiful for sept.you are

the tote bag Queen and each month like clock work you are at it again you can make them

in your sleep I belive LOL. the month of sept would be my late husband,s birthday

I still miss him and it was a year ago aug.27,2012 that that I losted him.