Farm potholders

Afghaniac

While browsing in the Sur la Table kitrchen store, I spotted these crocheted potholders. They are $10 apiece and too thin to be useful. I'm going to hunt for patterns or maybe try to create them to make for our upcomingcrafts-for-charity  auction. Anybody seen a cute pig potholder?

http://www.surlatable.com/search/searchContainer.jsp;jsessionid=84DACEA530EF074F45069402823ACE7E.slt-app-02-p-app2?q=crochet%20pot%20holder&s=true

The price actually isn't too bad for this store. I usually go there to see what kitchenware I'll be looking for at TJ Maxx in the future -- a lot cheaper.

• 1 month later...

Wow, those patterns from Ravelry just blow the $10 potholders from Sur La Table right out of the water, don't they?  I'm amazed that the ones from the store weren't a lot cuter, to me they looked very amateurish and, well, poorly done for something from such a well-known, fancy-schmancy kitchen place!

I agree, since Sur La Table's merchandise is pretty high end, and also was surprised at how flimsy these potholders were. (As a kitchen-tools junkie, I like to peruse their new stuff, then look for it at HomeGoods for far less, and I'm often successful).

Wow, those patterns from Ravelry just blow the $10 potholders from Sur La Table right out of the water, don't they?  I'm amazed that the ones from the store weren't a lot cuter, to me they looked very amateurish and, well, poorly done for something from such a well-known, fancy-schmancy kitchen place!

They have an apron, oven mitt, and pot holder with crocheted flowers on them.  Cute but we could do it for less.

http://www.surlatable.com/product/PRO-1206846/Copper+Toile+Vintage-Inspired+Pot+Holder

Several years ago Kmart had some pot holders that were basically doilies sewen to the tops of them.  Those were really cute but again, I think anyone could pretty much do it for less.

Archived