My holiday owl cushion

Once upon a time there was a Fairy God Mother living in fantastic place called Crochetville :manyheart  She gifted my the pattern for Owl Cushion by ShiFio's Patterns. I went for holidays to the seaside and took this owl project with me. It's really great pattern, although I found sewing on all the parts the most difficult. So here is my very first owl - pillow and believe it or not - not the last one :c9  And what I like the most about it - this one is FOR ME :lol

post-30828-0-29421600-1377603871_thumb.jpgpost-30828-0-15828500-1377603893_thumb.jpg

Yarn: Alize Cotton Gold

Hook: Clover 2,5mm

You did a great job!  I still have the one I made when testing the pattern.  Actually, it really should be packed up soon to go to its new home in Australia.  Oops!  Here's a tip that I hope helps you.  To sew on the eyes, I find the place that I want them to be.  Then I use some safety pins, not pins, to temporarily hold them in place.  I find that the pins tend to slide out, plus there's the added unpleasant prick from time to time.  After safety pinning the eyes (don't do the beak yet), I start by sewing on the center of the eye.  I do this by following the first or second round and doing sort of a running stitch by just going up between two stitches, going down between the next two stitches, until I reach the beginning and end with a stitch going down.  I then weave the ends in in opposite directions.  Then I do the same thing with the edge of the eyes.  Once I'm done, I safety pin the beak into place and do a running stitch on the three side edges.

• Like 1

You did a great job!  I still have the one I made when testing the pattern.  Actually, it really should be packed up soon to go to its new home in Australia.  Oops!  Here's a tip that I hope helps you.  To sew on the eyes, I find the place that I want them to be.  Then I use some safety pins, not pins, to temporarily hold them in place.  I find that the pins tend to slide out, plus there's the added unpleasant prick from time to time.  After safety pinning the eyes (don't do the beak yet), I start by sewing on the center of the eye.  I do this by following the first or second round and doing sort of a running stitch by just going up between two stitches, going down between the next two stitches, until I reach the beginning and end with a stitch going down.  I then weave the ends in in opposite directions.  Then I do the same thing with the edge of the eyes.  Once I'm done, I safety pin the beak into place and do a running stitch on the three side edges.

Thank you for your advice! That's very helpful! Now as I made FOUR owls, sewing parts is easier, but it's still the only part I don't like... :lol

Thank you for your advice! That's very helpful! Now as I made FOUR owls, sewing parts is easier, but it's still the only part I don't like... :lol

Wow, you're fast! I confess that that's also my least favorite part too, lol.

• 1 month later...