Minion Slippers

Mom w/a Motif

I just got an urge to crochet some minion slippers. I haven't even seen the newest movie, yet; either. :P  I used a fluffy bunny slipper pattern, just ""minionized" it. lol And I made up the eyes.  These are for charity, but I already got one order for a pair to sell (they're for a Christmas present, so I have a while). I am trying to knit a pair now, too.  Oh, I used a G hook (I didn't feel like looking for my H hook, so..)  

A kind of cute side note: I sent my Mom this picture. She said "Cute. What's a minion?' :heehee

ETA: This is how I did the eyes:

w/ brown, magic circle, 6 sc. join. FO brown, attaching white.

Rnd 2: ch 1, 2 sc in eah sc around. join. 12 sc

Rnd 3: ch 1, 2 sc in 1st sc, sc in next sc around. 18 sc. FO white, attaching grey.

Rnd 4: ch 1, 2 sc in first s, s next 2 sc around. Join, fo grey, leaving a lengh to sew onto slipper with.

W/ yarn needle and black, make a french knot in the middle of the brown, for the pupil. Or, work first round in black.

Next time, I think I might just do the first round in black and skip the french knot, though. :)

post-20-0-32691200-1377483216_thumb.jpg

I thought my Mom would know what a minion is, she watches my sisters' boys and they are 4 years old and ten months. :P  I sent her a picture of a minion, though. So now she knows. ;)

How cute.

I only know of the Minions from commercials lol

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived