I went thrift store shopping today...

mc_crochets

:eek and found yarn....I got about 10 standard red heart super saver (not the 1lb size) skiens of yarn, various colors, no labels, for $4.75. I also bought a bag that was an WIP grannysquare ghan...about the 4ft across already, for 2 bucks...there was a little bit of pink yarn left in with it...I think I"m going to pick up where the previous owner left off, and use the other yarn I bought...(If I can match gauge) and make a large blanket out of it!! also in one of the bags of yarn, there was a mostly full skien of the redheart symphony?? (it looks sort of like mohair)! I cleared them out on useable yarn!! (there were a few bags that had scrap yarn in it...I may go back and get them) There were also a couple of bags of thread, but the asking price for it wasn't reasonable....mostly used balls, probally about 2 dollars worth, and she had it marked at 5...just because there were like 6 balls in there......they were almost "bald" (you could see the cardboard REALLY good) though. I'm going to try and locate my camera tomorrow :blush:blush:blush and get a good shot of my haul, as well as a couple of other promised pictures.

Oh the store I bought it from, is a non profit that supports finding disabled adults work, and they also fund a daycare for developmentally challenged children. :hug

Don't you just love those thrift shops!! You really did well :clap Can't wait to see your finished blanket!!

I'm going to my annual Fabric Flea Market next saturday and I always come home with yarn, patterns, threads and whatever else catches my eye.......I'll post a picture of my haul if I do well. I look forward to it every year :hook

• 4 weeks later...

Archived