The Crochet Dude's Challenge for Stitches East

Amy

Many of you know that The Crochet Dude, aka Drew Emborsky, has been a member of Crochetville pretty much from its start. In the early days, he was a very prolific poster. Unfortunately, he is so busy these days he doesn't have much time for forum participation. I'm very glad that I get to see him four times a year at STITCHES Events so we can catch up with each other a little bit.

You may also know that I have organized an ongoing group effort for Villagers to make and donate hats to a wonderful organization called Halos of Hope. One year ago, Halos of Hope named Drew their Man of the Year, for his contribution in making their BuZZ campaign a success at Stitches East.

To celebrate the anniversary of his head-shaving and award, Drew has issued a challenge to crocheters (and knitters, too) to collect as many hats as possible to be donated to Halos of Hope at Stitches East. Each hat makes a difference, so send one or send a few. I'd like to tie his challenge in to our group hat collection effort.

How to Participate in The Crochet Dude's Challenge

1. Mail your hats by November 5, 2013 to:

Halos of Hope Man of the Year
281 Broad Brook Rd
Enfield, CT 06082

-OR-

2. Drop your hats off at the Drew Emborsky boot at Stitches East November 8-10.
Booth number TBD.

3. Post a message in Crochetville's Group Effort thread. Let us know how many hats you sent and that they were for The Crochet Dude's Challenge. You're also welcome to post pictures. (We'd also love it if you'd share information about the pattern and yarn you used.)

Who Will the Hats Benefit?

All hats donated will be sent to benefit cancer centers and offices in the Stitches East area.

Shipping Sponsor

Shipping of all hats for this campaign has been kindly donated by Boye, manufacturer of fine crochet hooks & knitting needles.

Archived