selling items

Kelly Peron

Question

Hi All!

I need some ideas/help with something in regards to my crochet I want to put together an album and/or list items of stuff that is already done and ready to ship out, but not sure how to do it or anything without coming across too strong and pushy on facebook. I have already completed 2 orders for friends, but my stock is sort of building up and would like to let people know that I have some items ready to go.

Thank you all

Kelly

2 answers to this question

You may want to consider creating a page separate from your personal account. It will take time to build a following - be sure when you set it up that you make it so that other pages can follow and like your page.

By example, my personal facebook page is:

https://www.facebook.com/wheatcarr

and my business page is:

https://www.facebook.com/ItsAllJustString

By making your "business page" accessible, you make it easier for someone like me/as a small business or a yarn company etc to share your postings with our readers and followers when it fits into what we do. 

You may also find it useful to use that ID to like business pages for yarn and hook brands you use. 

I would saw that my "followoing" is about evenly split between those who buy supplies to make things themselves, those who buy finished work and folks outside the US so I suspect are there for the eye candy. 

Good Luck with your business.   

I have found that the best result comes when there is only one "commercial" posting a day.  I even try to keep it to not every day, but that may not work for you.

Also besure that EVERY Posting includes how to order - so many artisans neglect to include this and end up wasting time (theirs and their followers) exchanging PM with price and order info. 

You may also want to consider a blog with payment links. 

Archived