Harry Potter | Molly Weasley

I'm not sure if this has ever been mentioned, but what about all the great crochet & knit items that Molly Weasley wore in the Harry Potter movie, I think this was the first or second? I loved the colorful sweater she wore underneath her smock! http://www.flower-of-carnage.org/weasley/images/molly.jpg

I've seen Harry Potter crochet groups before. My bf is majorly into HP, and it makes me wonder if he'd put up with me making him a HP scarf.

Thanks Elizabeth~ the more I examine the stills from the movie, the more I see that it's a pretty easy thing to do actually. One of these days...I did read in another forum that the sleeves were knit and not crochet. Hmmm, I don't think so but it is possible!

Thanks Elizabeth~ the more I examine the stills from the movie, the more I see that it's a pretty easy thing to do actually. One of these days...I did read in another forum that the sleeves were knit and not crochet. Hmmm, I don't think so but it is possible!

Nope, the sleeves were supposed to be knit, like the rest of the top, but they were in fact crocheted.

I've seen Harry Potter crochet groups before. My bf is majorly into HP, and it makes me wonder if he'd put up with me making him a HP scarf.

I made myself one, in Ravenclaw colors (blue and yellow). I also added a hood and blue fabric around the edges of my college graduation robe to make it into a Ravenclaw robe.

• 2 weeks later...

I love Molly Weasley and all the knitting and crocheting...totally up my alley...

Has anyone seen Little Women with Winona Ryder from about 12 years ago? The girls wore some kind of crocheted shawl/sweater item that I'm trying to figure out...it looks fairly simple, I just haven't gotten around to actually experimenting making one...

• 5 months later...

I've finally finished my own version of the Molly Weasley sleeves :clap and have written out the pattern too. What a fun project they were, almost every row was a different stitch and colour. If anyone wants to see the finished project, please visit my website at www.fruitcats.com go to "Sleeves" page. You're welcome to contact me either from the website or from here.

Feeling somewhat proud of my achievements - would appreciate feedback :c9

Jo

Jo - your sleeves are AWESOME! They are PERFECT! :c9

I've fired off an email to you... :hook

:welcome to Crochetville, btw - you'll love it here, and we'll love you back!

• 5 months later...

I've knitted HP scarves (enough of them that I'm not too keen on doing them for quite some time LOL) it takes RH burgandy or scarlet, and RH gold. They were fringed at both ends. I knitted them in the round, about 20 rows of each color, and an odd number of stripes, so that it would begin and end on the same color. I alternated the fringe tassels on either end, one gold, one burgandy, etc. There's no reason you couldn't crochet one. I would crochet it as a tube, and sew together and fringe the ends.

I know at least one of our members, Shelle, made a gorgeous rendition of the Molly Weasly sweater and I believe she has the pattern for sale. She has had many of her patterns published by Leisure Arts but I think she sells this one on her own... Here's the link to the thread:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25833&highlight=molly

You could IM her if you're interested.

I know a few other Villagers made some gorgeous sweaters, too, but I can't think of the names:think !

• 2 weeks later...

Archived