No Idea what I'm suppose to do

Melindak

Question

Hi there, wonder if you could help with something, I'm trying to do the owl from this sitehttp://www.repeatcrafterme.com/2012/11/owl-granny-square-crochet-pattern.html
But since I'm very new to crocheting I'm finding it very difficult to read the instructions I've done all till I come to round 4 where it states

Round 4: HDC, in next stitch: DC - TC - DC, SC in next 5, in next stitch: DC - TC - DC,HDC in next, slip stitch to join

when it says in the next 5 does that mean all of these DC-TC-DC, SC in one stitch and repeat 5 times or DC in one stitch TC in one stitch etc?

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

Melinda

3 answers to this question

Hi there, wonder if you could help with something, I'm trying to do the owl from this sitehttp://www.repeatcrafterme.com/2012/11/owl-granny-square-crochet-pattern.html

But since I'm very new to crocheting I'm finding it very difficult to read the instructions I've done all till I come to round 4 where it states

Round 4: HDC, in next stitch: DC - TC - DC, SC in next 5, in next stitch: DC - TC - DC,HDC in next, slip stitch to join

when it says in the next 5 does that mean all of these DC-TC-DC, SC in one stitch and repeat 5 times or DC in one stitch TC in one stitch etc?

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

Melinda

That is what it means.  it should give you a slightly puffy effect.

That is a very cute pattern.

It is a super cute pattern and I have a very good friend that LOVES owls so I want to do a Afgan for her with the little owl on, before she moves to Australia in October, hope I get it done in time :)  Thank you for clarifying the pattern for me.

Hi there, wonder if you could help with something, I'm trying to do the owl from this site[/size]http://www.repeatcrafterme.com/2012/11/owl-granny-square-crochet-pattern.htmlBut since I'm very new to crocheting I'm finding it very difficult to r[/size]ead the instructions I've done all till I come to round 4 where it states

Any help will be appreciated[/size]

Thanks[/size]

Melinda[/size]

You are making the ears so the instruction is just for a few stitches.

Work HDC then all into the next stitch work DC, TC, DC, now work 1SC into each of next 5 stitches, then into next stitch work DC, TC, DC then into next stitch work HDC.

This is how I read it, after looking at the pictures.

It is an unusual way to write a pattern because we usually put the instruction the other way around.

Hope this helps.

Have fun.

Colleen.

PS, looks like it could be tricky working the row behind the grey so let me know if you have a problem.

Archived