Crochetville Group Effort: Hats for Halos of Hope

Amy

Over the past few years of attending Stitches knitting and crochet events, I've gotten to know Pam Haschke, the founder and CEO of Halos of Hope. Pam is a survivor of inflammatory breast cancer; she's also a crocheter and knitter. She created Halos of Hope as a way to provide comfort to others experiencing cancer treatment in the the form of handmade hats and caps.

Crochetville and Red Heart raise money for Halos of Hope in our booth by asking for voluntary donations when people take part in our make-and-take activity.

Halos of Hope has a booth at all Stitches events where they collect hats. I thought it might be fun to see how many hats Crochetville members could make and send to Halos of Hope.

HOHSMW.jpg

Where to Send Hats

Halos of Hope

P.O. Box 1998
Arlington Heights, IL 60006-1998

Crochetville LLC

103 Scarlet Oak Circle

Harvest, AL 35749

Here is a PDF of tags you can print to attach to the hats you donate. Since some people are allergic to wool, be sure to check the box if you've used a yarn containing wool.

Need some ideas for good yarns? Here's a PDF list put together by Halos of Hope.

Suggested Patterns

Shells and Trellis Hat (original HoH design by Melody)

Solid DC Skully (with shell option)

Divine Hat

Crochet Rib

Ribbed Pillbox (HoH original design)

Cotton Sun Hat

Olivia's Butterfly

EZ Sideways Hat

Floppy Brimmed Hat

Log Your Contribution

Let's keep track of how much difference we can make as a group.

Whenever you mail in hats, please post in this thread with the number of hats you mailed. You're welcome and encouraged to post photos of the hats you send in. Be sure to let us know what yarn and pattern you used. We like to know that kind of thing, you know!

Whenever you make a financial donation, you can post in this thread. If you prefer to keep your specific amount anonymous, you can send me a PM. I'll add you to the list as Donor #X.

Make a Financial Donation

Halos of Hope sends hats and caps all around the country at absolutely no charge. Your financial donation can help them ship a number of hats. 100% of individually donated funds are used to pay for cap shipments. A $25 donation sends over 60 hats out to cancer centers in need, but you may send a donation of any size.

If you would like to make a financial donation directly to Halos of Hope, please visit this page of their website.

Donations by Crochetville Members

Hats:

3, Amy, August 13, 2013

Money:

_____ at Stitches Midwest, August 11, 2013

I think I'll make a few hats to send. I have a bunch of I Love This Cotton left over from other projects. It will be perfect for this!

I'm going to make this my "in between" projects. I've been on an afghan making jag for some time now. I need smaller projects in between so I feel like I'm finishing something. I can whip up a hat in an evening or two. I think I'll give myself a month and see how many I have made.

Off to scout out some patterns!

Yes, this is going to be an ongoing effort. Depending on how many hats get sent to me personally, I'll ship them to Halos of Hope periodically throughout the year or take them with me when I drive to Stitches South in April.

I have five hats that I had made with eyelash type yarn left over from the ones I made my sister when she was alive.  Got to put the yarn rim on two of them then all five well be on the way.  Monday or Tuesday.

I have a ridiculous amount of Lily cotton (thanks to a sale a Michaels a few weeks ago) and will try to get some hats made! I love the Divine Hat pattern, been using it for years. :)

well, im in, but i don't know quite when, i have a few of the preferred yarns listed, so will put them on my list, would you prefer them to go directly to Halos for Hope, or to you, either way is fine with me, just wondering which would make it easier. thanks.

I found a chapter here in Nebr. in LIncoln, and contacted her, and she is making a delivery to Omaha soon  so will probably just mail mine to her, so they get distributed here in Omaha if I can finsih some quickly! Isn't that cool, they'll stay right here, in Nebraska, right here in Omaha....so mine will be going to her, but I will still post here, and put a pic or two here, if that is ok...same cause, just diff. chapters I guess..... :clapEdited to add...

I think Ill just deliver them myself to the local hospital, it's not far away from me, and would save some time and some postage. it all goes the same place, right!

• 2 months later...

Archived