Drop in the Pond ~ green/brown

teakaycee

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`• A very special DITP!!! •¨¯`•

I made this one for a dear family who lost their son in a traffic accident last month. He was only 13yrs old... and my youngest was friends with him... they went to school together and in the same grade!

Nathan was an outdoors kind of kid.... hunting ... fishing and such. So these colors seemed fitting! I prayed over the yarn before making and gave it to his family... told them that if they ever needed to hug Nathan... they could hug this Prayer Blanket and know he is safe and sound and waiting for them someday!

They loved the blanket........ and they have told me... they haved hugged it alot over the last month!

RIP Nathan............ miss you buddy!

post-18634-0-48352300-1376332966_thumb.jpg

:heart

:mug

so sorry tammy to hear of the loss of a young person,and how kind and thoughtful of you to do this for his family...May he rest in peace, and healing prayers for all those that loved him....Beautiful blankee, much loved and cherished, I am sure.

so sorry tammy to hear of the loss of a young person,and how kind and thoughtful of you to do this for his family...May he rest in peace, and healing prayers for all those that loved him....Beautiful blankee, much loved and cherished, I am sure.

Thanks dear!!!  :hug

What a wonderful idea and a great gift to the family!

Thank you!   Its just so hard at a time like that.... there really isnt anything you can say to make it better.   All I know to do is make comfy blankets.

You touched me deeply when I read your explanation of what inspired your blanket and my heart goes out to your sons' friend's family. The blanket turned out beautiful and will be cherished a very long time. Blessings on you, your son and the other family.

It's a beautiful blanket and a wonderful gift for his family.  I just can't imagine the heartache they are going thru. 

I cant either Ann........... its hard enough just being the "friend"  cant imagine being the "parent'  :(

Very pretty!

Thank you!!!

You touched me deeply when I read your explanation of what inspired your blanket and my heart goes out to your sons' friend's family. The blanket turned out beautiful and will be cherished a very long time. Blessings on you, your son and the other family.

Thank you Reni!!!  Like I said... there are just no words to make anyone feel better at a time like this... all I know how to do is crochet.   So.... I crochet... I pray.... and I hope it helps!  

What a touching story and I am sure your lovely afghan is a great comfort to them.

Thanks hon... I appreciate that!

• 1 month later...

Archived