August Charity Get Together: 8/15-8/20

busy-bee-lmt

My baby girl foster had to go to the shelter on Wednesday. The cat care manager is trying to figure out what is wrong with her and get her on the appropriate medicine.  Here she is.  Her name is Pixie:

post-13802-0-99113300-1377287919_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pink afghan is made with the snapdragon stitch. I like it. It's easy to do and creates a really nice overall pattern. I've also made one, long ago, with stripes, but didn't like it as much that way.

There are lots of videos and instructions online. I didn't check out any of the videos, but here's one of the written ones - it gives the multiple, which is always helpful. It's just alternating v-stitches and 5 dc shells.

http://www.momsloveofcrochet.com/AfghanPage-SnagdragonStitch.html

babypoohsmom - what a cutie Pixie is! She looks like she's full of mischief. I hope all will be well with her. 

Thanks for the info Donna. I like when patterns have multiples noted. (I can never figure them out). Sometimes I like to try a pattern as a scarf to see if I like it.

Pixie has to stay with the cat care manager until Sunday. She is in great hands.

I got little Pixie back today.  She did put some weight on and I got new meds for her.  But her brother still outweighs her by about 6 or 7 ounces and he pins her down all of the time.  Every time I think I have seen everything as a foster mom, something else comes up.  Here is a picture of big brother.  (cat mat in background!)

post-13802-0-05228900-1377468453_thumb.jpeg

I gave the snapdragon pattern to another girl at work who crochets a lot.  She really liked it too.  Thanks again for sharing. 

• 3 weeks later...

Here are the totals for August.  Finally!  Ragweed season arrived and knocked me for a loop.

August Charity Totals:

8 ~ 12 inch Squares

12 Kennel Blankets

6 Mini Christmas Stockings

11 Hats

1 Lapghan completed

more progress on another Lapghan

1 Preemie Afghan

1 Baby Blanket Assembled

2 Prayer shawls

A huge thank you to everyone who participated and to those who cheered us on.  Hope to see many of you again in September.  

Archived